Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dal
dalkang
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a very tiny basement kitchen. Want to renovate. Thinking white cabinets and black countertop. Any ideas/suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Mary Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
I do not know enough about what you want to achieve. What of anything in the kitchen works for you and what are you in dire need of? What colors you would like to incorporate etc.

However, in this kitchen, if you are looking for a traditional answer, I would extend the tops of the cabinets tow the ceiling and top off with a nice crown. A nice trim molding and the joining point of the existing cabinets and the face going up to crown. On the bottom of the upper cabinets I would put a nice trim molding, as a light shield and put under cabinet lighting.

If there is a dining table near by, I assume there is, I would explore finding a handsome storage unit, even an armoire, that can be made to hold all of your misc items above the cabinets now.

The red wall you are looking straight at needs a focal item. A picture that you enjoy that also reflects your color scheme, whether it is red or if you change to another color,

There is a beginning, I hope that helps.
February 13, 2013 at 9:21pm     
Sigrid
I'd move the fridge to opposite the stove and wrap your cabinets around on the red wall. It looks like you could use more storage space. I'd change out the dingy beige counters for almost anything else.
February 13, 2013 at 9:26pm     
mdamron61
Get away from the dark red walls if this is a small basement kitchen. Light gray would look nice with white cabinets. Go with a black granite countertop. Run cabinets clear to the ceiling with a crown mold. Get rid of the protruding counter on the left side. Effects traffic flow. Track lighting on ceiling would be nice. Go with stainless steel appliances. Install a microwave over the stove to save on countertop space.
February 13, 2013 at 10:22pm     
More Discussions
Bedroom remodel
Remodeling small bedroom for my disabled visually impaired...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
Ideas for Media Storage
I'm looking for ideas on how to handle TV/media storage...
How can I increase the height of a wrought iron stair railing?
I would like to increase the height of this wrought...
Boring Dining Room- what to do?!
We recently bought a condo and our dining room is in...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.