Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Headboard
taniamelis
February 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have pine furniture in my bedroom but want to replace queen bed with a king. It's not easy to find a matching pine color bed, any suggestions? I was thinking of an iron headboard?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
taniamelis
The wallpaper will be gone by next week, we're going to paint the walls a light blue and also removing Berber carpet, replacing with laminate flooring.
February 14, 2013 at 7:10pm     
Lkristine
If you like the look of the pine wood, here is an idea for a headboard, it comes in king too. However, I do not think your headboard has to match your other furniture. It all just needs to blend. So it completely depends on your taste. http://www.lafuente.com/Mexican-Furniture/Rustic-Pine-Furniture/Headboards/190/
February 14, 2013 at 7:21pm   
taniamelis
We also got rid of that table at the foot of the bed, thinking of getting either a trunk (for storage) or a bench.
February 14, 2013 at 7:22pm   
taniamelis
Thank you for that idea for pine headboard but I'm thinking of getting away from pine and trying something else that can blend in without too much of a contrast.
February 14, 2013 at 7:25pm   
PRO
All 4 Show, LLC
The contrast will look great! I think the wood finish all matching is passé anyway...If you are going with a light paint on the wall behind the bed, a white bed might not be the best option...go darker! Or if you planned on a darker wall paint, off white or white would look very nice!! Good luck...
February 14, 2013 at 7:30pm     
PRO
Terri Symington, ASID
Have you considered an upholstered headboard? They are a lot more comfortable to lean against than metal rods across the back.
February 14, 2013 at 7:33pm     
taniamelis
Yes, I have thought of upholstered as my sister has one which looks very nice in her master bedroom. Just have to look for something that would go well with the color scheme!
February 14, 2013 at 7:36pm   
PRO
Terri Symington, ASID
That should be easy enough... and they are affordable to have custom made with your own fabric selection.
February 14, 2013 at 7:43pm     
bojaby
I vote for leather as well.
February 14, 2013 at 8:22pm     
taniamelis
Leather, hmm, I like that!
February 14, 2013 at 8:26pm   
taniamelis
We still have the same bed but have done some major work in our bedroom (removed popcorn ceiling, added crown moulding, laminate flooring and new baseboard. Not sure if the bench cushion goes well with the rug! Any ides??
March 6, 2013 at 7:10pm   
taniamelis
We also removed green wallpaper and painted the walls light blue
March 6, 2013 at 7:41pm   
More Discussions
Laundry Room Paint Disaster!
Just for your entertainment. So, I am getting antsy...
POLL: What color is your front door?
Let's talk about you! The color you choose to paint...
painting small powder room vanity and walls
I have to replace our cracked pedestal sink in our...
Help How do I make my bedroom look more cosy, inviting and just better
Hi I'm a teenager and would really appreciate some...
Do any of these Wood Range Hood work in my kitchen?
Originally was going with an OTR microwave, but have...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.