powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color / style rug for this living room space?
Tisha Bridge
February 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I prefer blue, but I'm not sure if it should be a solid blue or a blue with a print on it. I was going to get a 9x12. Any ideas? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Overland Remodeling & Builders
Redish or brownish tones, it will complement you brick fireplace
1 Like   February 14, 2013 at 9:44PM
gielliott
Everything looks pretty solid with no pattern so I would go for a large pretty pattern with blues, oranges and reds, golds to tie in with the red brick, then add some complimentary artwork on the blank wall where the table and lamp are. Make sure the rug is big enough that it goes all the way to the back sides of the couches to create definition. could you move the couches out and place the little table between them for an end table effect? Your TV looks awfully high, is it comfortable to watch at that height?
2 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 10:51PM
PRO
JWinteriors
First things first. Your TV is mounted way too high. Your furniture is pushed too close to the fireplace. Your ceiling fan is sad and droopy. And your end table feels left out.
4 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 10:57PM
PRO
ASVInteriors
I agree with JWinteriors - for a carpet, if you want blues go for a geometric pattern to add some zing to the room. But then you need to validate the rug by adding cushions and curtains... and lighting... with similar colours/patterns
Ironwork Trellis Dhurrie Rug, Cobalt Blue and Ivory
Opaque Blue Cutsom Rug
1 Like   February 14, 2013 at 11:27PM
Tisha Bridge
Thanks for the feedback. Actually, it isn't comfortable to watch the tv when it is that high! That is where the mounting was when I bought the place, so I didn't change it. I can certainly lower it. I will opt for a blue rug with a pattern.
1 Like   February 19, 2013 at 2:10AM
More Discussions
Picking out gas range?
I have room for 42" or 48" max gas range. What brand...
Which color do I choose, left or right side gray? Help please
Please help me choose which color on main wall. Both...
How many recessed lights in this space?
I am installing recessed lighting in my sunroom. The...
Need Advice Selecting Door Color
We just painted our exterior and are going for a contemporary...
Screened verandahs
How do you attach the screen to the posts strongly...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.