Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Pillow color help!
colleen100
February 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I hung silver sage drapes. Do u still suggest the navy blue pillows?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
I would suggest introducing another color such as yellow.

February 15, 2013 at 5:36am     
handymam
Heading toward blue overload. How about picking up the green and brick color of the rug to tie everything together? Both would go well with the couch and loveseat, but would make the rug connect to the rest of the room. You could put one of of each color on each end of the couch and maybe cover just the large pillow on the loveseat in the brick color.
February 15, 2013 at 5:42am     
PRO
ASVInteriors
Or a coral that picks out the colour in your carpet

February 15, 2013 at 5:52am     
handymam
ASVInteriors, yes, that is what I meant, lol!
February 15, 2013 at 5:53am     
Jayme H.
Idea
February 15, 2013 at 6:17am     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I like Jayme's idea. Pattern and color is what you need. I like the pictures too.
February 15, 2013 at 6:20am     
Jayme H.
closer
February 15, 2013 at 6:22am     
PRO
What's Inside Design Ltd.
Good morning Colleen,
You've gotten some great advice here!
I agree with adding another colour, as well as some pattern that doesn't compete with your area rug.
I played with your room and digitally added some items to help you visualize things.
Have fun, and let us know how things go!
Caroline :)
February 15, 2013 at 6:24am     
PRO
Blawnox Upholstery
My suggestion is to try pulling a color from the rug. Since the color is already in the rug you know it will work in your space and help bring the room together for a more polished look.
February 15, 2013 at 7:00am     
PRO
G.Elizabeth Designs
I like what What's Inside Design did but I think painting the walls a colour pulled from the rug would better or leaving the walls and pulling a gradation of the beige gold tones would help.
February 15, 2013 at 8:02am   
PRO
G.Elizabeth Designs
To the draperies if you like the blue walls.
February 15, 2013 at 8:06am   
decoenthusiaste
Could the carpet colors give you direction?
February 15, 2013 at 8:09am   
nononanna
Am I right that there's alot of green in the carpet? I think that would be pretty - you could even do two colors of green which work well together. A solid satin and a print linen, for example
February 15, 2013 at 8:18am     
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
I always use the carpet . That is the focal point.
February 15, 2013 at 8:38am     
colleen100
Wow... these suggestions are huge!!! I didn't see any of these responses till today so I am so thanking you all!!!! I absolutely love the crate and barrel l pillow suggestions. I will try those for sure! I do need a big end table in the corner and will move the secretary back to the other side. I agree it's not working there. I am so unhappy with the sofas just got from jcp and may be sending them back which could in turn help with my problem here. Sinking cushions way too early. I will need to find another color to blend with my rug that is right now the one and only piece I love in this room:). I don't know what I would do without this site:)
February 18, 2013 at 4:21am     
colleen100
Jayme that picture is perfect! It made me smile when I saw it. I think that wall color is the warmth I am looking for. Can anybody suggest a paint shade for this room. Please keep in mind I like a clean look like pottery barn colors. Any help would be appreciated and if I can get my husband to paint I may just get my living room where I want it:). Thanks all!!!
February 18, 2013 at 5:34am   
colleen100
I am not a fan of blue so I think I need to steer away from all the blue colors ... I do like more earth tones but not sure how to get that feeling in this room now that I added these drapes and sofa color. UGH I do however LOVE JAYME'S photo especially the second one. That resembles my my colors. If I could add one more color to that photo would it be the coral? To me it's missing one more color :)
February 18, 2013 at 6:15am   
colleen100
CMR do you suggest all three pillows together? I do love the orangey colored pillow. But would that go with the navy?
February 18, 2013 at 6:37am   
nononanna
And a little darker than the colors you have so far would be good - add a little weight to the really pretty room.
February 18, 2013 at 7:42am   
nononanna
Of course I think it's screaming for a little chinoiserie, but then I think almost every room is screaming for a little chinoiserie.

But in addition, you've helped me with a decision - I have much the same colors in carpet and sofa, and I was hesitating between more beige or blue/silver for the drapes, and since yours look good I'm going that way...
February 18, 2013 at 7:44am     
colleen100
Hmmm me not being a decorator will have to look that up Nononanna. Please show me pictures of your room. ME helping someone is a big deal :) LOL
February 18, 2013 at 8:23am   
More Discussions
Keep, Donate or Repupose
We all have items in our home that we have kept through...
Support for overhang?
Our new kitchen island will be 72" long and have a...
What color of pillows to dress green couches?
We just bought a new area rug. Now to figuring out...
Need help with lighting and mirror in bathroom
We are remodeling a guest bathroom. I'd like to put...
White paint
What paint would you consider the purest white?
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.