Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Accessories colour for this bathroom
manvisudan
February 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Plz help me with right colour choices for accessories like lotion dispenser or soap case n towels for this bathroom..i wasthinking of black accessories n blue towel sets..plz leave a suggestion.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ASVInteriors
Your tiles and basin are essentially greys and creams with black accents. I would go for an anthracite grey large towel with smaller lighter grey towels. You can find some Grey chinese glazeware for lotion dispenser and cups (example to show you colour I am looking at).
May I also suggest you find a nice deep lightweight cache pot and put all your bathing stuff in it (the colour of the shampoo bottles distract the eye, so whatever you can do to hide them, the better).
February 15, 2013 at 1:46pm   
manvisudan
Thanks a lot..but I m just confused whether all grey wil give a good. Look or not..will blue towels help or should I go with black lotion dispenser and toothbrush holder and grey towels
February 15, 2013 at 1:50pm   
PRO
ASVInteriors
If there is no blue already in your bathroom, try not to add a new colour. Stick with the colors you have. All the best.
February 15, 2013 at 2:53pm     
dianahb
For a minute, there, your bath and toilet looked pale blue to me, but I think that's just the lighting. I'm guessing they are, in fact, white (?). But-- gosh-- I don't think you need to stick with grey or tan or neutrals, for your towels. I think pale grey/blue towels would be beautiful. Or, really- any color. The bathroom seems quite neutral to me, so I don't know why you can't introduce some color in there with the towels. I love the border in the tile, by the way.

And if you're worried about the dispensers-- I would look for some really beautiful vintage glass dispensers or jars. You can find them everywhere-- even check Etsy. Some are just really beautiful pieces of artwork on their own, but also functional. You could even find a beautiful piece of depression glass, or pottery-- whatever your taste is-- to hold those toothbrushes. I'm just amazed at how much beautiful old glass there is out there-- for very little money-- that just adds both elegance and function to a bathroom.
February 15, 2013 at 3:11pm   
njmomma
I think navy colored towels would look great in there and deep gray accessories would work well. I think the black is too dark and would clash with the navy.
February 15, 2013 at 3:16pm   
dianahb
Oh-- and what are all the switches up there on the wall, near the toilet? I'm feeling quite the technophobe without all that in my bathroom. All I got are old-fashioned light switches. :(
February 15, 2013 at 3:17pm   
Becky
I like the idea of silver/grey or white towels because it keeps the look clean and fresh but if you really need color: red, burgundy or yellow. Yellow/grey is very popular right now in decorating and even for weddings. I vote yellow!
February 15, 2013 at 4:02pm     
manvisudan
@dianab hey thanks for the suggestion.the tiles are grey and white it looks blue just coz of light.I live in india so dnt know what kind of accessories would I get here.I am also thinking about adding orange and green colour to this bathroom.thnx.
February 15, 2013 at 9:28pm   
manvisudan
@dianb its india..so that's y this kind of switches are very common here :/
February 15, 2013 at 9:29pm   
manvisudan
Thanks becky and njmomma
February 15, 2013 at 9:33pm   
manvisudan
Yellow and green is a beautiful colour.but then what colour for accessories like tooth brush holder n all??
February 15, 2013 at 9:35pm   
dianahb
manvisudan: Oh-- haha. Thanks; yeah-- those are some switches!

I think that the poster above (Becky) had some good ideas about bringing in yellow or gold. I love those colors with grey; that's a great option. I think if you use green, it should maybe be a soft lime green. Like yellow, that looks good with grey, too. I would not bring in orange (just my thought). And, of course, blues would be pretty, or blue/green (turquoise, to my mind).

But I would find some very pretty apothecary bottles or jars and empty your shampoos, etc. in those-- that would look really nice up there (rather than the commercial dispensers). Look on Etsy and put in a search for "apothecary jars" or bottles. You'll see what I mean.

I really like the tile very much, though.
February 15, 2013 at 9:35pm     
ei21622
I agree with Becky. Pale yellow look beautiful with grey and reds. Nice house plant in the bathroom would look pretty too. Since grey is neutral pops of color always brighten it up. Grey towels with light yellow piping woul be pretty. Stripes and solids together or even floral if you want to add feminine touch. A small throw rug in front of the sink with yellows, reds greys and blacks and green oh and purple would be reeealll pretty too. Have fun.
February 15, 2013 at 9:39pm     
manvisudan
Ya I liked the idea too.I will go today to market to look out for yellow and lime coloured towels.thanks for the compliment for tiles..
February 15, 2013 at 9:40pm   
manvisudan
Thnx for suggestion..
February 15, 2013 at 9:43pm   
manvisudan
Which is better
February 16, 2013 at 11:48am   
njmomma
I like the darker one, but the lighter one would add a lot more color to the room and make the room look brighter.
February 16, 2013 at 11:50am   
manvisudan
Which is beetr
February 16, 2013 at 11:50am   
njmomma
Going back an looking at your pics again, I think the lighter one would be the one I would pick.
February 16, 2013 at 11:53am     
manvisudan
So the towel is selected..so wht colour for lotion dispenser and toothbrush holder ??black or what?
February 16, 2013 at 12:26pm   
njmomma
Dark gray
February 16, 2013 at 12:39pm   
dianahb
The lighter-- lime green towel would work.

I would get a glass soap dispenser and, really, any beautiful piece of glass would work well for a toothbrush holder. You're in India, so you don't want to pay for international shipping, but here's an idea-- take a look at these cobalt blue dispensers on Etsy (and this is just one example-- they're all over the place): http://www.etsy.com/listing/116043015/cobalt-blue-glass-pint-jar-soap?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=+glass+soap+dispenser&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

I'm not sure the soap dispenser and toothbrush holder have to match anything in particular. I just think beautiful glass is beautiful glass. I mean, take a look at this depression glass pitcher, for instance. If the right size, I think something like that would be unexpected and amazing sitting against that beautiful grey tile. This particular one is rather expensive, but you can find ones less than this and along the same lines. http://www.etsy.com/listing/104529409/vintage-pink-depression-glass-pitcher?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=depression+glass+pitcher&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

When it doesn't match, it will seem simply like something lovely (and functional) you've had on hand-- maybe in your family-- for a long time. I feel quite sure you can find beautiful glass in India.
February 16, 2013 at 4:21pm   
manvisudan
I am finding a lot of problem fyinding good branded towels in lime green colour...can i replace green with this blue colour???or dark green colour??
February 18, 2013 at 3:06am   
manvisudan
Or this colour
February 18, 2013 at 3:08am   
manvisudan
And dis???please choose from above 4 colours??
February 18, 2013 at 3:09am