Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
kitchen vs living and dining decor...
Ty
February 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want to decorate my kitchen using a pink, red, and white cupcake theme...i have a ton of decoration for it ranging from cupcake aprons to floor mats. well my dilemma is the fact that my kitchen opens to my dinning and living room, and i absolutely do not want these colors or theme in either....so how should i connect or disconnect the three areas....help. ps this is the showroom, pic is only to show apt setup.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kax4
What colors will be in the living area and dining area?
February 16, 2013 at 12:32PM     
Ty
I would very much like the living room to be chocolate, burgundy, and gold.... The dinning room matching the livingroom with a burgundy accent wall... But of course the cupcake theme in the kitchen would make it a doozy to tie all three together...? Help.. :/
February 16, 2013 at 5:36PM   
hockey456
I don't see any way to tie them together unless you bring some if your cupcake colors into the other rooms. Keep it to a minimum...perhaps just a pillow or some pink REAL flowers on the coffee table and/or dining table. Also consider bring the red and burgundy colors closer to one another and use the one result color in all rooms.
It's definitely a challenge.
February 16, 2013 at 6:03PM     
Ty
Great!! Thanks a bunch! I'll try... And post pic of the final results. #ur the best
February 16, 2013 at 6:33PM   
yvesun
I would start the process by painting the cupboards "chocolate brown" Benjamin Moore's Chocolate candy brown 2107-10 or replacing the cupboards altogether in a medium wood tone. Then add a back splash in a multi-coloured mini mosaic tile such as Model #GL-260 Mono Serra which is keeping with the living room and dinning room colours. If replacing the counter-tops are in the budget, check out Ice Stone's White Pearl or Winter Sun. Purchasing small appliances (mixer, toaster, kettle) in cupcake colours is just fun! They can be hidden in the pantry when not in use.
February 16, 2013 at 7:49PM     
Ty
Awesome! Thanks...
February 16, 2013 at 11:01PM   
kax4
I agree about bringing the cupcake colors in using small pieces like pillows, a vase of flowers or changing the burgundy more to a red. I would also keep the kitchen cupcake theme simple choosing only your favorite pieces. You could switch your pieces out every few months.
February 23, 2013 at 2:09PM     
Ty
Thanks so much! Great idea
February 23, 2013 at 3:48PM