Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What will give this room more homely? Jus dull
laurathorpe
February 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Wanted to add colour don't want teal or line green I like my living room warm feel those colours are cool I am in 2 minds of red an am thinking would a little pink go an would it go well not hot pink more of baby pink ?? I am changing my tv stand as it that black gloss with a small child always sticking fingers marks thinking of changing to a brown tv stand however I would like a coffe table please any one turn my living room homely
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gretchen Maurer
I would find a color card that matches the back of the wall paper and choose two colors lighter. use pops of brighter colors in the accessories not the paint, you want that great wall paper to feature.
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 7:39PM
AMN
Go with either a round coffee table or a tufted ottoman.

IMPORTANT: You need better, more comforting lighting if you want to achieve a cozy feel for this room. That means small side tables and table lamps. Another option is one side table with one table lamp, plus a floor lamp.

Add a live, well-cared for green plant or two.

It looks like your carpet is very short pile or thin. You might be able to put a decorative rug in the center of the room to add some color and visual interest. Don't get too small of one. Make sure all seating furniture has the front two legs on the rug. Make sure the rug doesn't compete with the pattern of the wallpaper.

There are lots of things laying around. I know it's hard with a toddler. Perhaps you should invest in a cabinet or shelving unit to be used in either this room or a different one adjacent. OR maybe an ottoman/coffee table with storage.

One large piece of colorful art with warm colors hung on the wall behind the couch.

Some product inspiration:
Genova Side Table

Clairemont Side Table | Crate&Barrel

Belly Table Lamp

Tatum Table Lamp

kathy ireland Office by Bush Furniture Volcano Dusk Coffee Table with Storage Bi

Graham Storage Ottoman

Vivacious Embroidered Linen Pillow - Pink by Trina Turk

Pink Geometric Design Cushion Cover by Aqua Door Designs

** These are random suggestions -- not meant to necessarily go together. **
1 Like   February 15, 2013 at 7:42PM
mdamron61
I would get a square coffee table and 2 end tables. Put lamps on the end tables. Paint the walls a light gray color and hang some nice paintings on the walls.
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 7:50PM
laurathorpe
Thanx for suggestions I am not thinking of re decor the walls they are staying put as it not long bein re. Decorated I jus want add colour in accsesories etc I do have on 1 side of the single chair a set of leather draws what I am thinking of changing for a small table, and on the other side I have a chocolate brown leather ottoman to put my child's toys in, however my living room is bigger then looks in pictures it quite a big room an I have changed it around as the sofa was against the wall with the canvas is on an my chair was next to window so I had more room but without the right furniture I changed it make the room more closed it. My curtains have defo got to go u just really struggle putting things in the right place
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 7:57PM
laurathorpe
This is what I mean
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 7:58PM
laurathorpe
With having my sofa the colour it is would these curtains go right? With matching cushion covers I do have a big bay window behind the curtains with big vase so nice curtains would really make that stand out
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 8:00PM
Gretchen Maurer
very pretty, complements the wall paper nicely and the pink is great and maybe add a deeper plum to bridge the gap with the darker furniture.
1 Like   February 15, 2013 at 8:05PM
laurathorpe
Thanx you they also do the same paper in red lime green from BNq however with the wallpaper being that colour an the flowers will the pink flowers on curtains clash? These are the matching cover cushions! But as I said earler I am changing the tv stand what wooden tv stand would work dark wood light wood oak pine etc am would my coffee table need to be same wood aswell?
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 8:10PM
laurathorpe
I like this
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 8:13PM
Becky
The wallpaper looks gray. Gray and yellow are popular right now. Would be pretty mixed with hot pink.
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 8:17PM
laurathorpe
Becky: the grey there are well darker then my wallpaper an I have no black in my livingroom an the grey what goes with the got pink is really dark the colour of my wallpaper is slightly grey put very light grey the actual wallpaper is under stone. Even though them colour work really nice together
0 Likes   February 15, 2013 at 8:28PM
More Discussions
Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
I read the article on the ten steps to saying goodbye...
Help me choose? Curtain for door?
I love my door in my kitchen because it makes the kitchen...
need help with carrera marble counter
hairspray can got left on counter top in guest bathroom....
paint for my living room
north facing room. only one window and blinds usually...
My very small kitchen&dining room
Hi! I have a problem to make the best use of space...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.