Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color for bathroom walls.
shirleen
February 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Tile is subway with thin lines, red pendant lights, wood look brown floor tiles, and cabinets have white wave surface, gloss, above counter sink white and royal blue silesstine counter.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Overland Remodeling & Builders
I would use the swiss coffee family, semi gloss, that will also break the white. Using light color scheme will make the area seem open and spacious.
February 15, 2013 at 9:44PM     
PRO
ASVInteriors
I love your white wave surface cabinets - whatever lighting you uses needs to create enough shadow to bring it out. I would just continue with a muted white
But my dual personality says....... if you have red pendant lights, and royal blue silestone counter, go a bit crazy and paint the walls sunshine yellow add black accents and you have your Mondrian inspired primary colour palette!
February 16, 2013 at 12:57AM     
PRO
Dytecture
I like the direction of the color sample you have on the wall.

February 16, 2013 at 6:14AM   
cwalbrun19
One thing I heard that is important in the color of bathroom walls is to remember that the color is going to reflect on you, so say you have a limey green (like a friend of mine briefly did)...every time she looked in the mirror she looked ill. Green. It's wise to use colors that won't make you look like you have the flu...it's hard to do make-up well with a difficult color skewing your complexion. Just something I thought was interesting and not usually considered. Try websites like sherwin williams where you can upload a photo and drop in any colors you want and play with it. I just decided the colors for our exterior today using it. A direction at least as I'll still try samples.
February 16, 2013 at 2:15PM   
cani
Love that cabinet! Is it custom?
February 16, 2013 at 4:04PM   
shirleen
No it is from Builders Surplus in Orange County. It is cool...thx
February 17, 2013 at 7:42AM   
cani
I'm in California and could take a look there. Can you post a picture that shows the whole cabinet? How long is it? I can't go over 48 inches the cabinet I have now is 45 which are impossible to find.
February 17, 2013 at 9:38AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.