powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color/style bed would look nice in this room?
clace
February 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm moving into this little studio (275 sqft) tomorrow. My taste is sort of industrial/eclectic, but I don't want to spend a lot on my bed-- something at Ikea or similar will do just fine. What color (white, birch, black-brown, black, etc) & style would look good with these floors & walls?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ASVInteriors
If you like industrial style - eclectic - here are some ideas:
Get a futon - and a real one (Craig's list,ebay?) you can use this to sleep on and then it can become your sofa in the day time. I am the biggest believer in using industrial pallets, I don't know where you live but hanging around large building sites they get thrown into the bins - ask the builders if you can have some. These make great bookshelves, tables etc. Other Houzzers might be able to point you in the right direction.
San Anselmo
Dallas, TX: Lyndsey & Steve
DIY Pallet Kitchen Pot Rack

Burlap on plumbing piping works for your curtains with blackout blinds for the evening.

If you want to go the whole way, you need a very interesting paint job that doesn't give a smooth texture - almost an aged plastered effect (you might find some wallpapers)
Then you need some chicken wire or industrial lockers to complete your look.
February 16, 2013 at 1:25AM   
charleee
Your floors are fairly neutral so pretty much any color will go, IMO. A day bed could act as a bed and a sofa: [houzz=
]
February 16, 2013 at 2:34AM     
PRO
Dytecture
I second olldbobbi's comment. White furniture would give a more airy feel, while darker colors are more sophisticated.

February 16, 2013 at 6:10AM     
Nancy Hehmann
I agree with Bobbie that a daybed would be great! You can make them comfiest by choosing a great twin size mattress. Some have wood or metal on 3 sides so during the day you can stack large cushions to make a couch look. You can also put a pop up underneath (trundle) so you have a extra bed for company.
February 16, 2013 at 6:19AM     
Lkristine
I agree a daybed could double as a sofa. One with drawers on the bottom might be great too since adding storage without taking more floor space will be key for your cute apartment. Here are two links, one fairly inexpensive and one more money. Just depends on your taste. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30080316/ http://www.lnt.com/product/daybeds/307733-81711/home-styles-bermuda-brushed-white-daybed-with-drawers.html
February 16, 2013 at 6:25AM     
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
I would put in blackout rollers inside the windows and keep the drapes up.
February 16, 2013 at 4:15PM   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
I often just buy a mattress/box spring and simple bed frame. Then hang something on the wall for a headboard. It takes much less space than a "bed" and it can be anything you want it to be...a piece of metal art, a piece of trellis painted, several large squares of something..the sky is the limit.
February 16, 2013 at 4:41PM     
More Discussions
Bathroom wall heaters
Looking for bathroom heater that hangs on wall, plugs...
Front Door Color: Black Or Pale Blue?
We are in Year 2 of a Dutch colonial re-do. New roof,...
Area Rug
I need some help with the color of an area rug. Would...
Need help choosing a door for garage addition on 1961 split level
We have already done a ton of updates to the exterior,...
Guest room not very guest friendly. Please help!
Smallish guest room is 12'6" x 11'3", but has high...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.