Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help
bastianchase
February 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need some decoration ideas. The room looks bland and I want to make it feel more inviting.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
wishingwell120
You need a fabulous headboard and some updated linens. Maybe sconces on the wall above the bed?
February 16, 2013 at 12:58pm   
bastianchase
There is a headboard, just covered by the pillows. What kind of sconces were you thinking?
February 16, 2013 at 1:01pm   
tennisanyone
A BIG headboard,new lamps, and linens as wishing well 120 suggested. I love the paint color so any color would work but I'm thinking more spa like with a big white down comforter, a new blanket to lay across the bottom, new accent pillows, artwork, and white textured curtains for the windows. If you don't need the chair, I would remove it.
February 16, 2013 at 1:14pm     
Tara Bisson Panciotti
update the side tables!
February 16, 2013 at 1:16pm   
patriciarhall
lovely paint and trim in this room and looks like some good natural light as well. the chair in the corner is too cramped there, so if it could live somewhere else with the floor lamp it would be better. Your idea book looks like you prefer the old world vibe with substantial wood, etc. Larger chest style nightstands (not matching ones) with narrow mirrors and larger lamps would make the space more balanced. Consider changing the bed covering to ones with creams and yellows and add a little red trim.
February 16, 2013 at 1:18pm     
PRO
ASVInteriors
I think it is a matter of proportion. I was taught that the bed is the biggest piece in the room so it has to be the wow factor. The rest is just balancing everything together.
You need better symmetry and balance with your side tables - they are too small for the proportion of your bed. Tall lamps, mirrors behind each as an idea.
You definitely need either a much bigger headboard or a large picture above it to fill up the space
Your chair is too squashed in the corner. Move it to the other side of the room - or out and replace it with a smaller slipper chair.
February 16, 2013 at 1:33pm   
alevstar23
M
February 16, 2013 at 2:17pm   
Lkristine
I would definitely take the chair out. It just doesn't seem like there is enough room. It even looks like you have the nightstand next to it turned the wrong way to make it fit better on the full bed view picture. Maybe you can use it somewhere else in your home as well as the floor lamp. Then scoot the nightstand on the right a little closer to the bed. I think the main thing making your bedroom seem uninviting is the bedding. It is just drab. I would do something with some contrast that still keeps with the style you like and colors. I am attaching an image of bedding that may work and in fact art similar to what is above it would look very nice in your room too. You could always just purchase some frames and then take your own pictures to put in them of some trees, flowers, anything you love. I am attaching image for some frames as well. http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Montana-8-piece-Comforter-Set/7710938/product.html http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Format-Matted-Document-Frames-Set-of-3-Black/19235773
February 16, 2013 at 2:26pm     
Trish
I would also paint all those outlet covers to match the wall color.
February 16, 2013 at 2:32pm   
Jayme H.
New bedding and a large piece of art over the bed. Add in an area rug, new lamps and it would be good to go. Cannot see if you have drapery...Nice house, btw!
February 16, 2013 at 2:49pm     
bastianchase
Here is a full view of the room.
February 16, 2013 at 2:54pm   
bastianchase
Corner
February 16, 2013 at 2:55pm   
cwalbrun19
I agree, the chair is an issue. It looks cramped and the style doesn't work for a bedroom. You already have lights above the headboard so a large picture/mirror or wall hanging of some kind would really add pop and balace the bed (same goes for sofa, rule of thumb always balace with something similar is width above). I also think something at the foot of the bead would be nice, such as a padded storage bench (bonus, place to store pillows/blankets when not in use).
February 16, 2013 at 2:59pm   
Aja Mazin
I like your bedding and would not change it.
February 16, 2013 at 3:06pm   
Aja Mazin
Remove the chair.

Change the lamps and/or shades.

Add a large piece of art work over your bed.
February 16, 2013 at 3:21pm   
Jayme H.
pics of a few looks u could incorporate...an interesting headboard would look nice. You already have nice carpet and paint...so really, lamps, bedding and maybe area rug/drapery? And a nice pic over the bed..
February 16, 2013 at 7:44pm     
mdamron61
Beautiful room! Needs pictures and art on the walls. Needs a different comforter. More of solid color.
February 16, 2013 at 7:51pm   
More Discussions
I want to know review regarding camel bone furniture for home.
Can I use camel bone sofa set & dining table for home?...
Need help with Kitchen Cabinets, Countertops and back splash
Hello Everyone! Finally after 3 months of picking a...
Cuckoo clock with picture hangings
This clock was given to my boyfriend by his sister...
Help me find curtains!
I am bad at coordinating! What are some curtain ideas...
RH - Distressed White Oak Finish
Hi all! I am not anywhere near a Restoration Hardware...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.