Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Plain Jane Small Bedroom Pic 2
Tara Bisson Panciotti
February 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need inspiration....afraid to do it wrong so I never do anything at all! This room has looked like this for 6 1/2 years. BORING!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tennisanyone
A picture of the whole space is needed.
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 1:31PM
PRO
ASVInteriors
Would you be prepared to paint the room a different colour? Or add wallpaper - or do you want to just jazz up with accessories, such as a new cover and pillow, hanging a picture or adding a small bit of colour to your bedside. This is your blank canvas, there is a lot you can do!! Just need to know a bit more of where you want to/can go?
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 11:28PM
2dogssashatess
everything seems to be dark brown except the pillows so it all blends in
1 Like   February 16, 2013 at 11:49PM
yvesun
Is this room for an adult or child?
Cause really a new comforter, a larger lamp, a few pictures on the wall, some shelves for your books and a fresh coat of paint would transform this room and give it a WOW factor!
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 12:02AM
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 3:51AM
marshaleigh
Put up a neutral colored wainscoat/chair rail, and paint different colors above and below. Add a print rug, and 3 framed mirrors side by side across from the window. Cordinating bed linens, light sheer curtains, and a picture or two.
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 4:04AM
PRO
Jerome's Furniture
Choose accent colors that will pop, maybe a warm burgundy that will coordinate with the bedding and pillows you currently have. A few accent pillows in addition to the shams you have on the bed would help dress it up.

Look for inexpensive art and wall hangings to help accentuate the new colors and dress up the walls. For the left wall we suggest a simple picture or painting that includes the accent colors either in the artwork or in the matting. Not too large, you don't want that to be the center of attention.

Above the headboard a rectangular piece would like nice, either metal or copper? Again, not too big, but you don't want to notice it.

We can't see the floor in the picture, but consider a small area rug by the bed. Don't forget, include your accent colors in the rug.

Incorporating even a couple of these ideas would help improve the overall appearance of the room.

Good Luck!
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 10:13AM
Nancy Hehmann
I like your room! If you want to do something above the bed choose photography or art. Browse on Etsy.com for original pieces. They will be unique but will not break your budget. Choose a theme like Paris or Coastal. Just input what you are searching for in their search engine. You can do one large piece or three 8 in by 10 in in brown frames. If you choose something with color you can pull one of the colors from the picture and use it for throw cushions. I have a photography shop on there too which is "nancyhehmann" I have some samples on HOUZZ and can customize whatever you select.
Click on the name Carolina Photo To Go here and it will take you to some of my photography. More is on Etsy.

If you want to stay plain, how about your initials. I do not know the person with the shop below; but, have admired the product. Just click on link http://www.etsy.com/listing/62229024/large-personalized-monogrammed-decal
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 10:28AM
PRO
JWinteriors
Can you turn your bed on a diagonal and come off the corner? This allows your window to have window panels without getting squished by the bed. It frees up all your walls for night stand and dressers. Change out your bedding...you are not a boring person! Paint the room a color off the bedding. Your curtains can be a darker version of the wall color. Group some art on your walls for visual interest. Home goods can supply all your art and accessories. Add a lean to mirror on a wall and bounce some light around. Add more lamps.
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 12:02PM
PRO
Miller's Paint & Wallpaper
Tara, nothing wrong with the room...it's just plain. Now you just need to brighten it up some. You could go different directions.. To keep cost down & use what you have would be fine but then I would go out a buy a picture to go over bed. Nice size and make it color full. Then from there I would pull a color for the walls from the pic. Bring in some colorful pillows from the colors in the artwork and what a difference. I don't know your taste so it is hard for me to decorate for you. Is the floor in the room brown?
The white walls don't help with all the brown so I would paint the walls like a sandy brown- 1046 Ben. Moore Paint. Below I will attach some images to give you an idea. Hope it helps.
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 12:27PM
PRO
MARLENE BURNS FINE ART
you need art! check out my portfolio.
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 12:35PM
PRO
Here is an idea....like I said, a picture you like with nice colors first. Then pull color from Art for the walls. Here I used Ben. Moore Classic colors: Red Parrot/1308 for focal wall behind bed then as I told you: sandy brown/1046 for the other 3 walls. Then I would pull from the rainbow colors for pillows.
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 12:39PM
PRO
The tones for the wall I pulled you would have to see. 1046 is a very nice warm color and in this photo it look white...
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 12:50PM