Professionals
Users
Art, decor help!
detroitthrift
February 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Ideas for wall hangings, or art?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beautyresulted
detroitthrift, I am not an expert on decor, but love creativity, decor and design!! I too am having quite a bit of decor and furniture dilemmas, however, I did notice your bed frame is a vintage style and I truly love it!! I would recommend you check out a site called vintagerevival she is a GENIUS, and is an inspiration and a goddess on style, and super budget friendly, I love that site!! I hope I was helpful! Good Luck!
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 4:31PM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
I would purchase an inexpensive bed frame. This is a great headboard, and if you like it. Remove it from the bed frame and hang it high on the wall, add new bedding and stack several bed pillows high with a few smaller ones in front. That way you can hang your headboard much higher...Or with just a bed frame, you can hang anything on the wall to be the "headboard".
3 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 4:45PM
pcmom1
More shots of the room would help.

Your headboard is interesting, but very low. It would be hidden with just a few pillows. I think you should start off with larger headboard, bedside tables and lamps. Then you can decide on track for art.
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 5:06PM
detroitthrift
Another pic..
1 Like   February 17, 2013 at 2:04PM
carole
you seem to like bleu,how about this
1 Like   February 17, 2013 at 2:24PM
carole
or something like this?bringing in a color on the wall behind the bed would be my choice,any color you like?
1 Like   February 17, 2013 at 2:44PM
PRO
Toni Sabatino
I am an animal lover and couldn't help noticing your pooch on the bed.....anyway a piece of art like this from etsy, nicely matted and in a fun vintage frame could be great....I think painting the wall behind the bed in a light shade of purple would look great, too....accent walls can really make a big difference.
2 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 3:51PM
pcmom1
Is there a way for you to raise your headboard up some? Need to show it off more.

I would also look for a complimentary large tile to place on the bedside table on the left. The point being to get the tables more the same height, size and style. I like the one on the right, so lets try and achieve that.

With a couple of wood trim pieces painted to match (2 inch by 2 inch) velcroed to the sides, and the tile on top, height should be close. That would also give you a little nook under to place a magazine. Then another lamp and you are ready for art.
2 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 5:12PM
detroitthrift
I am going to try that suggestion. I actually thrifted that headboard, so it was a great find. I am wondering if I should maybe paint the headboard?
1 Like   February 18, 2013 at 5:51PM
detroitthrift
I agree on the side tables...I thrifted the one on the right as well, and the shorter one was in the last chance room at Ikea..so super cheap, on my budget that is what I can. I really like that idea thanks!
1 Like   February 18, 2013 at 5:54PM
pcmom1
I am a thrift store/consignment store lover myself! I will let the real designers take on colors, etc. for the headboard. I do remember a thread where one said to purchase your bedding first. So, if you plan on any changes there, that would be first.
1 Like   February 18, 2013 at 7:13PM