Professionals
Users
How can I decorate this area
dixon3150
February 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Entrance to my quest bathroom
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
2dogssashatess
I like your mirrors but dont think they work because walls of different width.
February 16, 2013 at 9:00PM   
mdamron61
Remove the mirrors and ornamental piece above the door. On the left side a small wall table with a vase and flowers would look nice. A picture above the would look nice too. The walls need color.
February 16, 2013 at 9:04PM   
dixon3150
Thank for the comment, I need some idea what to buy
On the left is a bed room and on the right s the entrance to a bed room
February 16, 2013 at 9:09PM   
dixon3150
The walls is the same color as my den
February 16, 2013 at 9:10PM   
PRO
Deborah Vanderzel Designs
A vertical piece of art with color 24x48 to the left. And perhaps a new interesting ceiling fixture
Keep the bath door closed, it's bad feng shui to have it open
February 16, 2013 at 9:11PM   
PRO
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Take down the mirrors and iron piece from over the door. Paint the wall an interesting color and place only very items on that wall, like art. You don't want to block the entrance to the bedroom with a piece of furniture.
February 16, 2013 at 9:14PM   
mdamron61
I just noticed your door trims are white and the others are brown. I would go with all white.the trim along the ceiling is too small.
February 16, 2013 at 9:16PM   
mdamron61
Might want to install a new ceiling light fixture.
February 16, 2013 at 9:16PM   
curacaoblue
I think the problem with the mirrors is that they bring attention to the fact that the wall is not the same size on the sides of the doors. Nothing wrong with it but the mirrors make it look awkward because I think the way you have them is intended for a symmetrical look. I'd embrace the asymmetry. The suggestion for a table and vase on one side of the door is a good one. Just do decor on one side nd it'll look a lot better
February 16, 2013 at 9:18PM   
PRO
Galleria Place
I believe you could do with some improved wall decor. We carry a good selection of decor and wall decor that would add to any room or area. http://www.bargainbacker.com/Wall-Decor_c_13.html
February 16, 2013 at 9:20PM   
PRO
Positive Space Design
I would suggest removing wall hangings and upgrading your light fixture. Consider using a hanging pendant or chandelier, doing so will add attention to your interesting trim work and add depth to the area.
February 16, 2013 at 9:24PM   
Darzy
I kinda like the scroll thing above the door. But I'd remove the mirrors and paint the trim the white. I think nothing on each side of the bathroom door would look fine. Or, scroll candle sconces flanking the door.
February 16, 2013 at 9:26PM   
lynnetoo
Try enlarging the scale of your details. Add about three more inches of molding at the ceiling for more balance. Paint it a complimentary color rather than a contrasting color.

Find larger mirrors with picture frame molding that are long and rectangular. Painting the frames can add a color interest. (The mirrors do not have to be identical!)
February 16, 2013 at 9:28PM   
rawketgrl
I agree with the other posters to paint the molding white. Less is more. Remove the scroll over the door. I like it but it needs to go somewhere else in your house over a door that is centered on a wall. Maybe one of the bedroom doors on either side of the bathroom.

Paint the mirror frames black. Hang them both from white ribbon on the large side of the wall. With the top one farther away from the door and the bottom one closer to the door. Angled toward bottom of door. Get a large craft letter and paint it black and hang on small wall on right of door from a white ribbon.

Or Find a sticker you like for the left side think big. Here is a great sticker shop. http://www.dezignwithaz.com/ they are great, removable and fairly inexpensive wall art.

All kinds of fun things for small area like this....

Yes please keep the door shut and take more pics! Cute space. Have fun
February 16, 2013 at 11:34PM