Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with teen bedroom!
Ali Martin
February 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
(Room is in process right now) she wants the colors to be gray, white, and pink. Do you have any suggestions for wall paint, curtains color, bed skirt colors, etc. to make the room look better? Any suggestions would help! Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ali Martin
We are going to remove the blue bed skirt, curtains and lampshade once we know what we are going to do with the room. (:
February 16, 2013 at 11:08PM   
PRO
ASVInteriors
I did a quick search on houzz for your. Here are some ideas. Layout looks fine. Personally, I see some great wallpaper above the bed - see below
Spanish Oaks Residence Bedroom
Flying Jib House
February 17, 2013 at 12:10AM   
rawketgrl
Gray walls, White molding. The furniture (bed, dresser, night stand) should be painted the same white as the desk. Pink accessories. The white furniture will really look smart against the gray walls. Pink curtains, bed skirt, lampshade, desk chair slip cover. If you have white curtains, bed skirt and slip cover you can dye them pink if you cannot find a pink you like. Just be sure the fabric is cotton.

Trophies! Sporty chicka. She needs space for her trophies. Swap places with the desk and the tall dresser and mirror. Put the dresser in the alcove next to the window and hang the mirror next to it between the dresser and the closet. Hang white painted shelves above the dresser and mirror. Trophies and other things will be great there. You can get cute storage boxes and cubbies for smaller items.

Put the desk at the foot of the bed. I would put cork up on the vertical wood area directly above the desk. Then find some really cool pink and gray fabric or wall paper she loves and cover over the cork, use thumbtacks or you can glue it down. She can use it to hang stuff or just let it look cool.

Go to this web site for some great ideas about wall stickers. http://www.dezignwithaz.com/
Get a neat graphic she loves in pink over the bed. Go big, no dinky-itis.

Get a hanging light fixture white and funky.....
February 17, 2013 at 1:01AM     
rawketgrl
Here are a couple of other inspiration pics for you. Have fun lots of fun doing this together. This is a great project. Cute furniture.
February 17, 2013 at 1:07AM     
Ali Martin
Picture from the other side. Thanks everyone for your help!
February 17, 2013 at 10:49PM   
PRO
Andrea Prasch
There are so many shades of pink and it depends what look she is going for. So many options here. Grey and pink work beautifully together.
February 17, 2013 at 10:56PM