Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with master bath
Dawn
February 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are about to out our house on the market and need help with our master bath. It is kind of small and we want to distract from that and add a wow factor.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sanja Stevens
remove all the pictures, candle holders and rest of accessories, including whatever is in the corner of the bath deck.
paint everything very light shade of gray, like wickham gray or alaskan husky from benjamin moore, remove the mirrors and replace with a wall-to wall mirror, that goes all the way to the back splash and to the ceiling. re-attach the light fixtures over the mirror.

that would be the fastest and the most cost-effective way, without changing existing fixtures.
February 17, 2013 at 10:13AM     
apple_pie_order
Your bathroom is perfectly lovely. Just put away all the accessories, add a big live orchid in a nice pot, and replace all the towels with plush new ones.
February 17, 2013 at 10:21AM   
Dawn
Where should I put the live orchid? By the bath tub once i move the stuff that is there? we are going to get new towels. I was thinking a taupe color or a little darker. Should i keep towels same color of walls to blend in?I will definitely get rid of all accessories.
February 17, 2013 at 10:26AM   
apple_pie_order
The orchid goes in the center between the sinks. For towels, I would go with fluffy white or off white to get a good sharp contrast. Don't try to match the paint color, that would just look blah. Hang nice fluffy towels by the bathtub. No need for accessories there. You can keep a special set of towels in a cupboard to put out for showings, if you like. Not scrawny $3 bath towels from Target, but the thick luxurious kind that are $10 at TJMaxx and $20 at Bed Bath etc.

My monitor does not show the true color of the bathroom, of course, and the photos were taken with the lights off, so it is hard to tell exactly what color.

Staging the house is important, but the color of the towels is not going to make or break the sale. Decluttering, cleaning and repairing are far more important. Of course, buying towels and orchids is the fun part. White towels you can always enjoy in your new place.
February 17, 2013 at 11:14AM     
Dawn
Thx so much! Yes, we are going to de-clutter big time. We ordered a truck that will come and take our stuff and either recycle, give away or bring to the dump. We really are on a time crunch!
February 17, 2013 at 1:45PM   
More Discussions
New kitchen, but just not working.
Hi all. Here is my dilemma. We built this house...
Walkout basement
I am looking at a new construction site on lot 22 on...
Kitchen with connected living room
We're currently in the process of remodeling our kitchen,...
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Nook help needed!!!!
I had originally thought of doing one big window box...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.