Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
"What to put with blue Ikat chairs... neutral sectional or bold blue?"
Jennifer Froning
February 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have these fabulous chairs that I ordered from Overstock.com! My walls are a neutral greige. Trying to decide on sectional, window panels, and ottoman! Ideas? anyone??? I can't decide if I should get this great Navy sectional from crate and Barrel or if I should go more neutral with the couch since the chairs are so bold... IDEAS please!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenwood8
neutral sweetie, you can add colour anywhere, easily, temporarily even
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 10:41AM
Mary Kosary
The March issue of Coastal living show deep blues
with tourquoise/aqua in a dining room area and it has a lot of punch.
2 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 10:43AM
Jennifer Froning
what about with the ikat chairs? Would you suggest adding some other patterns into the room (like in an ottoman/window panels, etc... or is the Ikat pattern too strong to try to add other patterns?
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 10:44AM
Jennifer Froning
Mary,
I actually was wanting to add some turquoise with it, but wasnt sure if it would be too much... My kitchen has lots of accents with different blue hues. I saw that issue of Coastal living and love that combo! Thanks so much...
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 10:46AM
Mary Kosary
You are soooooooooooooooo welcome. I don't know if it would help but you could look at my photos on Houzz...love blues. They are in my ideabook or photo album...new at this.
1 Like   February 17, 2013 at 10:55AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
Jennifer, I would go bold. I think these are lovely colours together and go perfectly with your blue Ikat and grey walls. I also totally love the idea of turquoise to bring some zing to the room - don't be afraid. If you love that picture you saw, be inspired. If all else fails, you can change out cushions over time.
Take a browse through this for inspiration:

2 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 10:56AM
Jennifer Froning
Thanks ASV... I actually had that picture in my idea book! :) I think I will go bold!
1 Like   February 20, 2013 at 4:17AM
laurae1967
I love both the chair and the blue sectional. I would go with it. Since the sectional is a solid it won't be too much with the chair.
2 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 4:37AM
laurae1967
I am not sure turquoise would complement your wall color which is in a different color family. You could try some blue and grey tones for other accent pieces. Turquoise and blue would make it look like a beach house. Is that the look you are going for?
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 4:41AM
intoit
Love the blue sectional with the chairs. You can add the punches of color with the drapes and pillows and it will be a great looking room!
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 4:47AM
Mary Kosary
The sofa is a beautiful blue color. Love it.
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 4:52AM
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
The dark blue sofa is going to look too heavy against your wall color. The combination of fabrics here would work, I know there are a lot of neutrals.....I don't see a turqouise on that room... http://www.leejofa.com/groundworks_fabrics.htm
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 5:27AM
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
Actually now that I look at the pic I just attached...the only pop of color that would work there would be more like an emerald green as in the grass in the background.
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 5:28AM
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
I love the navy sectional! You can go neutral in drapes if it's too much, but I don't think it will be. Love it!
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 5:31AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
Hi there Jennifer
I feel you could combine the colours of your dreams. Last year, Tricia Guild from Designers Guild showed beautiful blues with turquoises and mixed them with dip-dyed fabrics which is lovely. Take a look at her site and at this brochure in particular which might give you ideas. http://brochures.designersguild.com/AW12/AW12-Designers-Guild-Pavonia/
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 5:33AM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.