Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help redecorating bedroom
blackittykat
February 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My teenage daughter wants to have an ocean themed bedroom. She wants a mural, but we can't decide if it should be on one wall, or on all of them. Also, if it is on one wall, what color should we paint the rest of them? I do not want to use too much blue because her room is really cold.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
2dogssashatess
Well, before people comment it would be helpful to know what the budget is for this makeover.
Is the furniture going? Is there money for new bedding? Is she going to stop having posters all over the walls? Currently this room is very busy. NOt restful. bedside table is too small,. no storage, It seems to be a small room so a light color for the paint would appear to be best
February 17, 2013 at 4:08pm     
2dogssashatess
ps I always like warm white/cream and feel that is beachy. Seems like storage is an issue and I would suggest an all in 1 desk/cum bookcase unit for a more unified look . I think storage and effective study space is your main priority and consider the beach theme AFTER that
February 17, 2013 at 4:11pm   
Rachel Miller
I would suggest having the mural on only one wall and painting the rest of the room a warm grey. A fun idea would be to paint the ceiling a very light blue. Grey turquoise and light blue look gorgeous together!
February 17, 2013 at 4:12pm     
2dogssashatess
If you look at home office under browse rooms on this site the first photo shows a great study area, white with desk, drawers and bookshelves Contemporary Home Office design by New York Closets And Organization transFORM | The Art of Custom Storage
February 17, 2013 at 4:17pm   
February 17, 2013 at 4:37pm   
More Discussions
How to fix stain disaster
Our painters just finished staining our exterior beams,...
Which layout is better for our master bedroom ?
Because we are moving to a new house we decided we...
How do I make my staircase prettier?
Since we moved into our home 7 months ago, I've been...
interior wall design
Due to moisture absorption acrylic paint with plaster...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.