Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help me dress up theather room.
Adam Craig
February 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am trying to cozy this up a bit. Any thoughts on fluffy area rug colors and throw pillow colors? Any other thoughts also appreciated
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lionnessone
In what direction would you like this media room to go?
If you like fun: then you need to get yourself animation and action movie poster about 4’x3’ frame them and hang them with three on each wall. Another idea would have someone or you might be able to paint a mural in your favorite movie characters. Install overhead lighting and wall scones. You might be able to get film reels and attach them to the wall. Many large throw pillows in various colours. Get yourself a coffee table to store all your DVD’s. If you like, add theater drapes. Have a candy/popcorn counter and on the back wall of the counter paint caricatures. Paint a cinema sign on the entrance door. Have fun with your space you have the room. Post pictures when your done.

[houzz=][houzz=][houzz=
1 Like   February 17, 2013 at 6:30PM
PRO
Xssentials
Paint your ceiling tiles and rails black along with the support pole. Find some fun movie posters for the walls (satin black frames and non-glare plexiglass are affordable) and colorful throw pillows and area rugs. Use a stylish side table with a cool lamp and put all your lighting on dimmers. Great room, lots of opportunities to be creative!!!
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 5:20PM
PRO
Flat Magic Art & Design
Night sky mural for the ceiling with stars that come out when the lights are low. http://www.flatmagic.com/ultraviolet.html www.stepheneprice.com
0 Likes   February 24, 2013 at 11:21PM
PRO
ASVInteriors
I agree with Xssentials, except I would also add a deep red rug to make it even more cosy. Hard to tell if those chairs are also recliners, but if not a massive ottoman to put your feet on (with a tray to store remotes if you need it) would be a great addition.

0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 2:18AM
dragonflii32
Gold or Black frames from IKEA using posters from your favourite movies. Try your local video store for their leftovers. Red and gold cushions and a redish rug with either a pearl lustre or shag for texture. Wall sconce lighting that dim on demand using a touch pad... Would also consider painting the ceiling same as the dark wall behind the screen.
0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 3:26AM
charleee
The first thing I noticed is there are no tables in this room, where do you put your drinks? I would add as many tables as would fit in darker colors on an area rug that matches your red walls. A sofa table behind the sectional would be great also. I wouldn't add any pillows, but only because they drive me crazy, but a cozy throw would be nice.
1 Like   February 25, 2013 at 3:57AM
michigammemom
I like the oversized movie reel wall decor in this attractive room. You might also consider an upholstered ottoman so that guests can kick back and put their feet up.
0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 5:02AM
PRO
BTX Window Automation
Motorized drapery!
0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 8:56AM