Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help?
cassie_hecox
February 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My Fashionable daughter who has to be "a la mode". Wants to redo her room for like the 7th time. She says she wants it to be unique. Also she was thinking of Hot Pink and a Chevron pattern on her window wall. (The pattern would be black and white). I would like to know what colour would look best with this flooring. And unique styles and patterns. Help me?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
spmm
You could suggest that she saves up and does it herself as long as the walls and floors etc are not damaged. Our parents let us redesign our rooms but we had to pay for the paint etc.
February 18, 2013 at 2:52am     
PRO
ASVInteriors
Frankly if you did something like this in black and white with hot pink accents - no one would notice the floor!
February 18, 2013 at 3:00am   
breuklyn
When was the last time it was done? This is more an issue of parenting than design. I'd let her change some things like curtains, pillows (and anything she can do herself) but not a complete redo if this is a frequent thing. Does she watch a lot of design tv shows?
February 18, 2013 at 3:30am   
Kelly Jacques
I just re designed my daughter's room for the 3rd time, this time i used more nuetral wall colors, light grey,white trim & 1 accent wall with her favorite color (light teal). Her furniture is mostly black so i used some other black accents, mirror, rugs, pillows, etc. Comfortor with greys, teals & white. Once she has moved out I only have 1 wall to repaint & can easily recreate a guest room.
February 18, 2013 at 4:22am   
Susanna
I guess I am confused by the question. Are you asking if black and hot pink work with the floor or are you looking for room decorating ideas? Are we talking teenager? Can we see the room?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to help. I think you are a great mom for being a good sport about this!
February 18, 2013 at 4:41am   
PRO
AJD Interiors
A hardwood floor can be thought of as "neutral ground" so to speak. Don't try to design around it. Some pictures of the room would help us out. Also, generally with strong patterns and colors, it's a good idea to use them in small doses, like on accessories. Or take a look at wallpaper panels that can be hung and removed when you want to change the look.

February 18, 2013 at 5:05am     
rowekamp
AJD Interiors - movable wallpaper panels, what a great idea! After so many years of removing it in renos have always hated wallpaper, but that's something I could live with.
February 18, 2013 at 5:12am   
PRO
AJD Interiors
rowekamp- I learned to love wallpaper this way! Yes, much easier on the wallet, too, as you only need a roll or two to make a couple of panels.... : )
February 18, 2013 at 1:17pm