powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need ideas for hiding TV in a circular LR. Also placement of furniture and more seating.
acclimbs
February 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Not sure what type of tv console I need for a circular living room (20x20). I would like my tv to be hidden. I have a large sofa and need to get other chairs just wondering how many I should get? I love the midcentury modern style but don't want the entire room in that style. Like the room to feel cozy and I have 3 kids under the age of 7yrs. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Amy
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pybo
Not sure how you can have your tv hidden unless you get a cabinet console to hide it in.

As for furniture arrangement, the following is my suggestions:
-tv console be placed by the middle window as a focal point coming into the room
- get a coffee table with curve shaped top (either circle or oval)
- get a large circular rug, arrange sofa around the rug. Pending on the size of rug you get, you can decide whether to get one or two accent chairs to balanced off the weight of the sofas.
- keep ottoman at the foot of the sofa to form sort of a chaise lounge if you need more room around the sitting circle for the chairs.
- if you find that the 3 pieces (straight sofa, curve sofa and ottoman) of furniture already provided enough seating, you can arrange it as separate pieces around the rug as in photo 2 attached.

k4
Fontana Interior
Cotswolds Manor
Predator
1 Like   February 19, 2013 at 12:20AM
Darzy
Do you have a raised floor? Can you install a hydraulic to raise the tv from below the floor?
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 12:25AM
acclimbs
no raised floor.
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 7:39PM
joffler
You may be able to create some kind of recessed enclosure for your electronics by building into the coat closet. I'm not sure how much room there is to do that though. Alternatively, instead of searching for a piece of furniture to bring into the space, how about having one built. I can totally see a curved built-in on the solid wall shared by the closets--perhaps one that has the same radius as the walls of the living room. Mirroring a soffit above it or curved wall over the tv creates a dialogue between the convexity (is that a word?) of the built-in and the concavity of the living room walls.
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 7:54PM