powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dining room updates! Would love some help :)
emoney007
February 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi all,

I a, super excited about redoing our dining room, but not sure how to best pull everything together. Here is what I would love opinions on:

1. Wall color - I want to make sure it looks good with the floors. The adjoining rooms are gray (2 of them, office and living room) and buttercream (kitchen) high ceilings (white) with thick crown molding

2. How to decorate a non working fireplace? The fireplace part and mantel.

3. Art work- there is a thermostat in the wall where the sideboard will go, so I can't hang one big piece there.

4. Window dressing, thinking so etching with black in it?

5. What else do I need to know..

Here are the pieces I bought so far:
Thomasville spellbound dining table and round back chairs
Spellbound sideboard
Chandelier
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
emoney007
The floors....etc
February 18, 2013 at 6:26AM   
Jayme H.
Lovely home!!! I would remove the ladder shelves/displays. Are you keeping your pic on mantle? I would hand it up on wall a few inches off mantle if so..The brass candle holders look good, on the other side, I would put a single piece....I wouldn't choose window coverings until your paint color is decided. Do have a color in mind?
February 18, 2013 at 6:31AM   
emoney007
Thank you! Yes, I am planning on getting rid of the ladder shelves. Everything in the room now comes from my much smaller and modern condo. Although I think I will keep the barrel chairs by the window. I thi k something fairly neutral for the walls, may e a taupe.
February 18, 2013 at 3:02PM     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I would take your wall color from your beautiful flooring, using one of the taupey tones I see there. Over your fireplace I'd like to see a more modern and colorful painting, preferably vertical in shape. Since you've already promised to get rid of the shelves, I won't have to mention them. In your fireplace, I would burn candles in a candleabra specially made for fireplaces.

On your table I would place a rectangular container and fill it with seasonal items. Another option would be two lanterns, placing flowers between them when you entertain.

On the wall where the sideboard will go, where you have a thermostat to work around, I would arrange old silver trays of varying sizes, working the arrangement around that nasty thermostat.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Figure Art Print by Leigh Viner Portfiloi
February 18, 2013 at 3:42PM     
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
You can search and order lighting from here too: www.circalighting.com
Its my favorite source for lighting
February 18, 2013 at 3:54PM   
Jayme H.
Benjamin Moore has the most lovely paint colors...Many taupe's and grey-beige's...I love your floor and would hate to cover them up..I had a home with the lovely details and floors like those do not always need rugs...Various colors...Some cooler, some warmer..I know u mentioned u have some greys now.
February 18, 2013 at 3:55PM   
emoney007
I like the sherwood tan and stone house....i think those would go well with the adjoining rooms. I loce all these ideas....I'm going to start looking for silver trays
February 18, 2013 at 4:02PM