Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Entryway Decor Help
suess778
February 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I just purchased a table for my entryway (taupe walls, grey tile floor). It is the only size that will fit so that the doors open (left - front door, right - closet). I'd appreciate some help on what to put on the wall above it, and on the table itself.
The living room, across from it, is decorated in grey, black and red.
I already had a mirror next to the front door (shown here). Would that work above the table?
The table to the left of the door is an antique that doesn't coordinate with the rest of my room. My husband has finally agreed to put in another room, so it won't be there long.
THANK YOU for any suggestions!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
groveraxle
I'm not sure how useful that little table will be in that position. The way your entry door is situated inclines one to turn right, not left. In any case, the table is too small and gets lost on the wall. I think I would move it to where the antique table is under the round mirror and turn that whole left wall into a gallery wall with no table.
Sixteen Doors
blue wall with photos
February 18, 2013 at 9:26AM     
PRO
Lydia (Kazza Design)
That table is definitely too small. I would try putting the chair there. It would be practical as it's near the entrance and the closet. You can then dress up the wall with a huge painting. Or you can just put a huge painting hung vertically with nothing else. I actually love that antique table! It's very eclectic with the chair and it would look good in the entrance with some wall sconces and a contemporary mirror.
February 18, 2013 at 9:40AM   
decoenthusiaste
February 18, 2013 at 10:36AM   
Chanel
If you could get a bigger table try doing that and place a rug
Hang a huge piece of artwork. place some accent on the table, an elephant or buddha or what your preferences are and some fresh or faux flowers.
Get some small seating table to complete the look.
February 18, 2013 at 10:45AM   
lesliexweslie
Bigger more dresser like table, add a cool light fixture, and some pictures of your family/children/etc and put down a rug!
February 18, 2013 at 10:47AM     
maryannes
That little table would look better by the chair under the mirror with a pretty flower arrangement, plant, or artsy figure. For the entry, I would use a light fixture as suggested by decoenthusiaste with a painting, metal wall art, or an arrangement of some great frames in different sizes.
February 18, 2013 at 10:50AM   
maryannes
That area definitely needs a bigger light fixture...
February 18, 2013 at 10:51AM   
nramsey1
Dont use a table at all. Make an art gallery out of the wall. Looks great from base board to ceiling. http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/2012/11/good-better-best-loft-style-dining-room.html
February 18, 2013 at 1:10PM     
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Wallpaper or Art Gallery!
February 18, 2013 at 1:26PM   
suess778
I've thought about the "useful table" comment and I couldn't come up with a use for it, once it was pointed out! If I can't return the table, I will put it under the mirror already there.
I have a rug already there. I assume I need a larger one? Color suggestions?
Someone suggested this picture, or one like it, for that entry wall. Not sure about what color to put there, and I don't want to clash with the rug. Thoughts on it?
February 18, 2013 at 3:51PM