Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help with fabric choice?
Paige Paul
February 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi! I would love to get some suggestions for a fabric to recover my dining room chair cushions.

My sister bought us a great drum pendant from West Elm for our first home as a gift, and I love it, but I'm stuck as to how to choose fabric(s) to coordinate. We have many improvements in store for the house in the years to come (including tearing out the cheap panelling, kitchen counters and backsplash and replacing the brick fireplace), but we've spent most of our initial budget on replacing the carpet with hardwood throughout the house and replacing the old thin trim with more modern baseboard. We've also remodeled a bathroom.

I'd like to use my old table and chairs and make them work. My taste tends toward eclectic and colorful anyway. The plan right now is to paint my dining table black and the chairs a bright coral like SW Rejuvenate. I've attached the inspiration pic from Houzz as well since I don't know how to link from my phone. My walls in the open kitchen, dining room and living room are SW Sea Salt. I've attached pictures of the lighting fixture, the room (please ignore the mess and unfinished parts), and the chair. There will be light solid cream colored drapes in the living room. We are on a tight budget and are taking this one step at a time (hence the painted panelling).

Can anyone suggest a fabric for the dining room seat covers that will coordinate with the lighting fixture, walls, black table, and coral chair color? It could also be used in the kitchen as a window treatment.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Paige Paul
And here is a pic of the light fixture with flash so you can see the multitude of colors in it...
February 18, 2013 at 5:03pm   
Lkristine
I can tell with your ideas and inspiration this room is going to be so awesome!!!! http://www.housefabric.com/Embrace-Black-P102450C406.aspx
February 18, 2013 at 5:14pm     
0825sam
I like sticking with black and white. This fish scales pattern could be nice. http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1511251
February 18, 2013 at 5:24pm