Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bathroom remodel
hamptonurn
February 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am placing a toilet and sink on the wall on the right side of the picture. The toilet will be placed near the window wall, and the sink will be placed to the right of it. I'm just trying to figure out where I can fit towel storage and a towel warming rack. Thanks for any ideas!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hamptonurn
Still no comments?!! I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 18, 2013 at 7:47PM   
PRO
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
Not sure about the towel storage but I believe that is a deck mounted tub being used as an alcove tub without a lip for the wall, just saying..........
February 18, 2013 at 7:52PM   
itsjena
shelves/cabinet above toilet for storage? towel warmer under window?
February 18, 2013 at 8:02PM   
hamptonurn
Norm Walters, thanks for the comment about the lip but the picture was taken before the mount was completed. Thank you itsjena for the towel warmer under the window idea. I don't really care for shelving above the toilet.
February 18, 2013 at 8:38PM   
PRO
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
I didn't mean any disrespect it just jumped out at me when I looked at the picture and I would rather give suggestions on how it is supposed to be, rather than have it fail in a few years and become an expensive repair.
February 18, 2013 at 8:42PM   
Callie
I agree with towel warmer under window... Have you considered a vanity that has closed storage as well as open shelving? You could also hang shelving (sort of like the hotel, chrome kind) to the left of the window. Roll &/or fold the towels.. how fun!! good luck! :)
February 18, 2013 at 9:05PM   
PRO
ASVInteriors
Is it possible to put the towel warmer by the wall above your tub (if it is electric I think it won't be). If not, I agree with Callie
For towel storage - instead of above the toilet - if the towel warmer doesn't work where I suggested, add two rack about 12-14" apart and roll your towels and place them there above the bath tub. They don't have to come out very much!
February 19, 2013 at 2:04AM   
spmm
At the foot of the bath it looks as if there is a small wall which could hold narrow shelves, like a CD rack for towels and objects of interest. The shelves would face the toilet and sink side.
February 19, 2013 at 3:01AM   
hamptonurn
No problem Norm Walters. I didn't take your comment as disrespectful. I believe most people are trying to be helpful on this site, so don't stop the thoughts!
February 19, 2013 at 6:24AM   
PRO
Ironwood Builders
hamptonurn, is that an exposed PVC vent pipe at the end of the tub? Not sure what you are doing there, but where I'm from that won't fly with the inspectors. Like Norm, just saying.
February 19, 2013 at 7:19AM   
hamptonurn
Thank you Ironwood Builders. There used to be a closet with a wall where you see the exposed PVC vent pipe. The room was gutted, so walls and framing is currently taking place. I appreciate your comment.
February 19, 2013 at 8:01AM