Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Tiny bathroom remodel
Donna Collins
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My master bath is only 8 1/2 x 6,there is no tub, there is a nice size shower. I would really love to have 2 sinks in my bathroom. I was thinking about putting in a corner shower or a smaller shower and opening the wall next to the shower and putting a small sink-vanity there. Would that work. I don't want it to feel smaller than it is.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
Personally I wouldn't make the shower smaller. If possible try rotate the vanity 90 degree so it is to the right of the door, and allow room for double vanity.
February 19, 2013 at 8:35am     
PRO
A Kitchen That Works LLC
I concur with Dytecture, do not make the shower smaller. This room is really too small for a dbl sink. One idea would be to use a singe wide sink and mount two faucets behind it (this means it needs to be an under mount sink.
February 19, 2013 at 8:44am     
Rachelle Plantagenet
Dytectures pic looks good. A double sink would fit in- you just have to choose the right style! There are plenty of Roca double basins which would suit this space or as an alternate there is one like AKTW suggests made by Villeroy and Boch: http://freshbump.com/the-loop-double-basin-by-villeroy-boch/
February 19, 2013 at 9:19am   
PRO
Melissa Doan - Weidel Realtors - New Hope
6.5 x 8 bath - If you don't need the storage (pretty "fat chance" there right?), you could go with two pedastal sinks... you would have to get specially sized or vintage extra small ones and a small toilet also. This design would be for a couple who doesn't want to see the toilet, wants two small sinks and more of a spa feel. The couple would have to be comfortable with a min. size walkway (apx 36'' down the center of the bathroom). ... makes for easy decorating with a runner though! ---- fixtures are for illustration purposes only of course i would choose different ones. If this were my en suite/master bath.. this is the design I would go with (if I decided on two sinks) ... or even one large one with vanity cabinet for that matter!
February 19, 2013 at 11:12am   
PRO
Melissa Doan - Weidel Realtors - New Hope
YOu can click the picture above to see the whole bathroom. Note: room door would need to be exterior opening or pocket.
February 19, 2013 at 11:13am