Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Commercial refrigerator or Electrolux?
opphop
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We have hunted for a side-by-side or french door refrigerator but don't see any we like. Any feeback on the success we might have installing a commercial brand like True T-49 or an Electrolux all-refrigerator installed side-by-side with their all-freezer unit?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jake Petersen
Dual left and right Viking Fridges are great for a kitchen, plenty of space and two separate freezers.
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 3:22PM
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Refrigerators are energy hogs. They run constantly and commercial refrigerators are worse than residential...they have less insulation and weatherstripping gaskets. The compressor/condenser is loud and usually located in an exposed location A significant rise in your power bill could be a shock, especially after paying more for the unit upfront. I have not heard anything good about the Electrolux appliances, one of my friends had a gas leak in his range that took 6 months to resolve...He ended up having parts machined (they are Swedish) and fixing it himself. For the money, a Sub-Zero refrigerator side by side with a Sub-zero freezer provides better energy ratings and more style than the commercial units. For that commercial look, they are available with an insulated glass front.
2 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 3:37PM
carriepi
Hey, Ironwood Man! Thanks for your input. I was just considering getting a Sub-Zero Pro 48 or getting a sub-zero 700 all refrig and putting it right next to a sub-zero 700 all freezer. It seems like that would be more bang for the buck and work as well as a Pro 48. Anyone have any feedback on this?? Thanks in advance for any insight!!
0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 5:35PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.