Professionals
Users
Office
jamila belmo
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
your comments please :)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
hepphouse
I love this room. The brown keeps it rich looking. My eye keeps getting drawn to the chrome hardware under the chairs through the glass table. Add color up high like an orange vase or colorful art on the wall to draw your eyes up?
February 19, 2013 at 4:24pm     
PRO
K.O.H. Construction Corporation
I don't get it. They look like 2 conference rooms, one has chairs the other has a sofas. What is going on here
February 19, 2013 at 5:00pm     
bevballew
I agree pillows and vase in a bright color....coral....aqua....
February 19, 2013 at 5:12pm     
bevballew
Chairs around the table a bit dated or looks uncomfortable.
February 19, 2013 at 5:13pm     
carolannr
If this is supposed to be two separate spaces,i.e., waiting area and conference room, I suggest placing the sofas horizontally facing each other to make some kind of demarcation between the areas. Otherwise the placement now accentuates the length, like an aircraft hangar.
February 19, 2013 at 5:18pm     
Pamela Parsons
I'm struck by despite the wall of windows it still is stark. No matter the need for the 'conference' area... it should still have a bit more delightful aura. Does it set a more amicable mood for those who will gather there? Not for me....
February 19, 2013 at 5:20pm     
PRO
Cornerstone Home Interiors
Very cool! Agree with adding some color, if you hung two pieces of art back to back on the window wall that could add a focal point as well as break up the space. You could then pull a color or texture from the art and repete it in the vase, pillow or whatever accessories you add. just another idea !
February 19, 2013 at 5:23pm     
bevballew
I think it is pretty cool. Just needs some finishing touches with color. Maybe different light fixtures...maybe a cobalt blue. Some artwork on each side of the tv or screen., pillows and vases or cactus on the tables.
February 19, 2013 at 6:45pm     
PRO
Urban Ideas Inc.
I like it a lot...You went for a monochromatic scheme that worked super well... The chairs are great style. I'd have gone for the leather version. However, you know your budget and what you could accomplich with it. I love the wood ceiling niche, nice touch...The only thing that i am not so fond of are those two plants on each side of the white board...based on your style, I am sure you can do better than that.
February 19, 2013 at 6:56pm     
jamila belmo
thank you (hepphouse . K.O.H. Construction Corporation .bevballew.carolannr.Pamela Parsons.Cornerstone Home Interiors.Urban Ideas Inc.)
thank you to everyone for the comments
I will work with all the observations advised :)
February 20, 2013 at 6:54am   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.