Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Small bathroom
Emily Haslem
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm in the middle of designing my bathroom and want to know if it would be better having the shower in the bath or separate? It's in a four bedroom house and it's a small space.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Sara Bederman Interior Design
If you do not have room for a dedicated shower, consider adding the shower to the bath tub area and keep it simple by using frameless glass shower doors to create a nice bath/shower enclosure. The glass is easy to clean and there is no need for a clumsy shower rod and curtain.
February 19, 2013 at 3:57pm   
PRO
Dytecture
Just wondering what is happening at where the number "800" is ?
February 19, 2013 at 3:57pm   
Emily Haslem
The 800 is a shower if I have a 900 vanity. Don't want to make the vanity or space to small given its the only bathroom in the house
February 19, 2013 at 5:28pm   
kathy
It's a 4 bedroom house with one bathroom? Definitely just a standard tub/shower combination and maximize your vanity for storage+counter space!

Standard North american tub/shower is 32" wide = 812mm. That leaves you 1600mm for vanity - either all vanity or 1200 vanity plus 400 linen tower - but I would have all vanity. Obviously adjust for whatever sizes are standard wherever you are.
have fun!
February 19, 2013 at 5:51pm   
PRO
Overland Remodeling & Builders
Where is the entry to the bathroom, in-front of the vanity? Is that the master bath? If so, consider having the shower combined with the tub and a double vanity instead of the separate shower
February 19, 2013 at 5:58pm   
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Kathy is right that you should eliminate the separate shower and concentrate on either a tub/shower or just a lovely shower. Then you'll want to enlarge the vanity to maximize storage there. I'd also add some storage opposite the toilet and the vanity if space allows.
February 19, 2013 at 5:59pm   
Emily Haslem
Thanks guys great help, looks like shower over bath for me
February 19, 2013 at 6:00pm   
More Discussions
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...
hardware throughout house
I would like to know if I need to use the same hardware...
Play set landscaping
What can we use under the play set other than grass...
kitchen hardware
I am having a new kitchen put in and I am using a stainless...
Calling Houzz Regulars/ Puzzle Lovers: Powder/Closet Layout
New Powder Room and Master walk in closet layout ideas...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.