Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Which one?
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Art work or mirror instead of 2 paintings you see above the sofa?! Can't find nice pillows either...:(
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
carole
love the pillows just need more of them!!find some red ones!!!i choose artwork as the half a wall already gives you lots of openspace...
February 19, 2013 at 4:11PM   
Lkristine
February 19, 2013 at 4:15PM   
oneofeleven
I think the above mirror or something like it is a nice idea but only if you like what the mirror will reflect' . You could put up some simple window panels in an accent colour and then a small piece of art that coordinates over the sofa. How about a nice palm beside the sofa? It would bring in some of the outdoors and hide the lamp cord too.
February 19, 2013 at 4:24PM   
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
I will add a nice plant, looking for a vase now.
February 19, 2013 at 4:35PM     
Megan
Is the flower in the pillow a coral? I'd add some coordinating pillows in the color of the flower (either solid or a small scale pattern). I would do some nice cream window panels to offset the dark couches. As for above the couch, I would choose a mirror. Here are some ideas!!
February 19, 2013 at 4:40PM     
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
It's just a flower, not a coral. Thank you for your suggestion. I have a rectangular gold finish mirror for here, as I am puting the circular one( similar to the one you posted in my dinning room).
February 19, 2013 at 5:18PM   
Megan
I was asking about the color of the flower...to see if it was a coral! I think a gold finish is a great color to go with.
February 19, 2013 at 5:20PM     
violinist3713
Your pillows are great!! I would go with a sunburst mirror
February 19, 2013 at 5:34PM   
Melanie Hon
Pesonally, I like what you've got going on. I think it's a nice room and doesn't need much changing.
February 19, 2013 at 5:37PM   
groveraxle
I prefer the artwork, but then I always prefer the artwork. I think mirrors are boring. I think you should lower the pieces just a bit. Center of the art should be at eye level.

I also like your pillows. I would add one more, a plain one in the orangey color in the print pillows you have.
February 19, 2013 at 5:43PM     
curraghgirl
I would add taupe drapes and a mirror as suggested in pictures above.
February 19, 2013 at 5:44PM   
pfischer
I'd get a long shelf and put your art work on it with some candles and other small pic's. Also, add a splash of a red or orange solid larger pillow. I'd put a throw rug under your table and put the pictures closer together.
February 19, 2013 at 5:46PM     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Your artwork seems to work well with the pillows, but it will not appear at its best until you lower it by about 8" and pull the pieces closer together, leaving only 2.5" between the two pieces. Of course, key to displaying artwork is having good lighting on it. I would suggest one or preferably two recessed spotlights directed at the art. I like your room!
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
February 19, 2013 at 5:48PM     
Suzanne Regimbal
I don't mind your art work but what hit me is that they are about 8'' too high. The next thing I would suggest is group your things on the on a tray. Put a couple of books in the tray with the elephant on top. I don't like your angled corner table ...too small ,find something more square that way your can be squared off too and both love seats can share the table. Hide the electric cord ...end table with lamp :-)
February 19, 2013 at 5:49PM     
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
Thank you ladies. I will lower the art work for now. Should it be 5" to 8" above the sofa? Is it correct?
And Suzanne i don't like the angled table either :), and i'll change it soon. General question: should the end table necessary be exactly like the coffee table?!
February 19, 2013 at 10:12PM   
PRO
Matt Patterson Custom Homes
Its fine
February 19, 2013 at 10:14PM   
anthip
Nice room. I like the art work if lowered. I don't mind the corner table but I think your shade needs to be a little more modern in shape - it's very traditional while the rest of the room is less so. Something in a coral or orange from your pillows/art would be nice.

[houzz=Coral Rays Shade]

[houzz=Young House Love Two-Tone Ikat Drum Shade, Coral Pink]

[houzz=Orange Double Ribbon Table Lamp Shade]
February 19, 2013 at 10:21PM     
PRO
Deborah Vanderzel Designs
Yes for a new end table, and it's better if it's different, look for something square to fill the space and to accommodate both sofas
February 19, 2013 at 10:46PM     
Ornela Gorreja-Hasa
Which tray do you think for my coffe table to group things?
February 20, 2013 at 11:46AM   
PRO
Deborah Vanderzel Designs
I like the solid silver, please check the measurement to make sure the size is right
February 20, 2013 at 11:53AM     
hollyskog
Agree with Suzanne. Lower and closer together would make all the difference
February 20, 2013 at 12:09PM   
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
The room looks great love the shutters and the pillows :)
February 20, 2013 at 12:58PM   
Lisa Kraft
I like the artwork!! It's perfect... I custom make pillows too....just find the material you want and tell me the size. Check out my website at www.kottageroomkreations.com .. It doesn't say I'll do custom but I do. Just use the contact form.
February 20, 2013 at 1:15PM   
Suzanne Regimbal
I like the solid tray. The drapes are an expensive purchase so I always do a very simple drape in a colour that blends with wall... it also will make the room look bigger . Then a lamp with a more contemporary look and some coral colour in it and a few more cousins and a through would be nice:-)
February 20, 2013 at 1:46PM   
Suzanne Regimbal
I didn't post that picture but any big box store will have trays even a nice wood one would warm up the space since you have a glass top on the table. Person ally I painted my tray because I couldn't find the colour I needed.:-)
February 20, 2013 at 2:27PM   
More Discussions
Biggest household bone of contention?
Is it the direction of the toilet paper? Someone leaves...
Marble flooring
Hi need your suggestions on whether I should get the...
HELP! What is this/where can I purchase it?
Hi All, Please see the attached image. I am trying...
Kitchen ceilings pearl or berkshire beige
I have a new kitchen. cabinets are pearl and walls...
Need help choosing a new coffee table!
Love the way my current table looks in the room but...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.