Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help!!! I am thinking Built in seating via "boncos"
serendipitypam
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This space doesnt work..would love it to be serenity, lush and plush!! I do not like stuffy, non-user friendly dining rooms!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
libradesigneye
I'm seeing other furnishings but hearing you are trying to plan a dining room here and are thinking about banquet seating? The windows may be too low for that to be very comfortable, but an upholstered bench along the curve would still be wonderful. That suggests a round table - around 60" where 1/4 of the seating is bench and the other is chairs. Most of the time, your crowd wouldn't be so big to use the bench anyway, and the view would be pretty - that would be a nice use of the space.

Or where the sideboard is now, and the walls are tall, run a tall backed banquet in an L for a square table with cushier upholstered armchairs with their backs to the windows, and shift your drapery to a more nubby textural fabric for the cushy feeling you want to evoke here.

Ther probably is no way to incorporate the antique sidboard and a full size table in this space unless you abandon the bench and run a rectangle table longways towards the camera man. If you go for the round table and bench, you could slide the sideboard toward the camera man and get the mos from the space. Consider drapery with some red in the print for interest and texture to get that plush look you seek.
February 19, 2013 at 5:39pm   
PRO
LB Interiors
Wallpaper is nice for the room. Needs color. I suggest a round table. Six chairs, all side chairs, but in groups of three, to be upholstered in two dfferent fabrics, placed every other one to create more interest for the table group. Sheers at the windows and two stationary colorful outside panels to accent the large window.
February 20, 2013 at 12:11am   
PRO
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
A built in banquet would be very nice if you can live with pillows in your windows for support of those dining. Nothing worse than not having support when you are eating. Will lead to eat and run rather than great conversation.
February 20, 2013 at 3:12am     
PRO
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
Also banquet, table. and then the chairs and your room may be too tight for the dresser.sideboard in the room.
February 20, 2013 at 3:13am   
February 20, 2013 at 3:20am   
More Discussions
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
If you were to use only 1 bright color...
...which color would you choose? If you were limited...
Have you ever sold a home as a "For Sale By Owner" transaction?
I've never been brave enough to go it alone when selling...
Need help to find right rug , coffee tables and ottoman .
Hello, dear houzz designers really need your advice...
Do you have a dedicated craft room?
Curious to see if people have a dedicated craft or...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.