powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I need help with a new color on my kitchen walls!
Helen Moran
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have attached pictures of my kitchen and the wall colors that are bright yellow and a accent wall which is dark red (that I am tired of!) I took a picture of the paint chips that I am considering for my new wall color. i would like the new color to blend with my granite countertops which are a brown and tan color. My cabinets are a cherry color. What do you think about changing the color and why? I was thinking of going with neutral for the kitchen and actually my whole house. I would like to keep a different color for the accent wall just make it a darker color. Thanks for any help.

Helen
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Cabell Design Studio
Hello Helen,

A bit of a challenge to see the color, but from my vantage point the upper left hand corner is the most intriguing. Deleting the yellow and the red would go a long way towards highlighting your lovely new countertops.

Best of luck,

Elizabeth Cabell, ASID, CID
February 19, 2013 at 6:39PM     
Ashley Mace
I like the top left of the paint cards. Beautiful countertops.
February 19, 2013 at 6:39PM     
PRO
Pinkus Interiors
Hi Helen...what is on the floor? material & colour? Are you wanting a light colour because you feel it is too dark? What is on the red wall? where does it lead and to what colour?
February 19, 2013 at 6:42PM   
judianna20
Taje a look at BM carrington beige.
February 19, 2013 at 6:57PM   
viennalopez
I like 2 nd row 2nd paint chip...looks a nice warm color but still bright!
February 19, 2013 at 7:01PM   
Helen Moran
Been a while but this is the color I chose.
May 16, 2014 at 6:40AM     
Helen Moran
Accent wall going into the formal dining room is painted toast.
May 16, 2014 at 6:44AM     
Helen Moran
A few more.
May 16, 2014 at 6:49AM   
PRO
Cure Design Group
Helen, I think a neutral palette would be a refreshing change for you. Generally speaking, when working with an accent wall, your other walls should be a neutral so the accent wall is just that. When you opt for two paint colors that are equally bold and intense, you loose that effect. I'm afraid however that if you go to this to too neutral of a palette you will tire if it quickly. What about using a third sample in top row, and your base and then chose a slate/almost robins egg blue or something in that family as your accent wall? http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6490-timid-blue/ I like timid blue or even open air if you want to go a little darker.
And then a bright creamy white as the rest of your walls.
Giving you a pop of color but a toned down version that you can build a new look around. Good luck!
May 16, 2014 at 7:02AM   
PRO
Cabell Design Studio
Helen! Nice and light and bright! The accent wall is lovely :) Nice job.... it's clean, fresh and not too yellow. Enjoy your 'new' space and have a great weekend,
Elizabeth
May 16, 2014 at 10:49AM   
More Discussions
Kitchen
Hi we are remodeling our kitchen from oak to cherry....
BATHROOM COLOR DISASTER!!
So I thought I'd picked a gray paint color for my bathroom....
Need help finding a porcelain tile to mix with crema marfil marble.
We're remodeling the master bath. The vanity and tub...
Small Basement Garage challenge
Looking for ideas on how to convert a small narrow...
Replacing front step
We need to replace our front step since it is cracked...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.