Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Family Room decor needs help
veenas23
February 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Large family room, L17*W15*H13. Wall paper on one wall. We are confused with what kind of pictures will go with this wall paper, what kind of rug, other accents to give the room a modern look.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
The wallpaper is fun and you need to repeat the colors in your rug and pillows. I think a solid rug in one of the flower colors would be easy on the eyes and let the wallpaper continue to take center stage. The lacy tablecloth is not working but I like the chair fabric. The two accent chairs are nice but too small with your wallpaper pattern, large sofas and even the FP. unless they are child size. Can you use them a bedroom or foyer with a small table between" To go really modern replace the fan/light and the fixture over the dining table with with cool drums,pendants or both.
Modern Organics Drum Pendant
Stian Pendant
Worlds Away Venus Pendant Capiz Shell Floral, Turquoise
0 Likes   February 19, 2013 at 7:48PM
PRO
Citapore
www.thecitapore.com can customize a rug in exactly the same patterns as wall paper...
1 Like   February 20, 2013 at 6:22AM
Jayme H.
For a rug, I would go a solid color since there is already lots of pattern in your fun room!
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 6:27AM
PRO
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
I agree with most of the comments by decoenthusiaste ---however Iwill add a few additional comments. paint the white fireplace one of the wallpaper colors, maybe the blue and try to get a solid tablecloth of a simmilar color.
1 Like   February 20, 2013 at 6:29AM
veenas23
Thanks decoenthusiaste, citapore and pyramid for your suggestions. We have the blue sofa cushions forgot to place them on the sofa while taking pictures. I will update the picture again.
We were thinking of the rug of one of the wallpaper colors but thought it woud be too much of color. And pictures on wall, should they be abstract or something like Monet paintings? What could be placed next to the fireplace if the chairs are taken out. Thanks in advance for all valuable suggestions.
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 7:19AM
PRO
Citapore
Ever thought of a vintage wooden/metal trunk near fireplace?
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 7:24AM
PRO
Doris Wright
The tablecloth has to go. Keep the natural wood table with fun placemats, and a natural centerpiece of some sort, (sticks, stones, foliage, plant) and a funky light as suggested. The chairs by the fireplace are making the room look cluttered. sofa could use some pillows to tie in the room colors. The tv soes not work over this fireplace. If the area above the mantle was painted a complimentary neutral or a white that extended to the ceiling, the TV may look more attractive. Another idea is to lose one of the couches and put the tv on the wall to the left. Make a natural piece of art the focal point above the fireplace, or try a great mirror with a distressed frame.
1 Like   March 13, 2013 at 1:36PM
calikym
The mantel has too many little itty bitty pix on it. I would move them. I don't mind the TV above the fireplace because of the utility and understand the need to see it for all around. The tablecloth doesn't match. Start by taking it off and removing the little items from the mantel. Also the chair pattern in front of the fireplace seems to clash with your floral paper.
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 1:41PM
stuntchick
please take the plastic off the dining room chairs. Everything is great individuallly but they do not coordinate. I love the chairs by the fireplace but they clash with the wallpaperand are out of scale.
0 Likes   February 14, 2014 at 6:57AM