Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Glass dining table
mammaof7
February 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I was given this glass top dining table. I love the size (can seat 10-12) but it doesn't really fit my decor, which tends o be a bit more country/rustic. It is hard to see, but it sits on 2 large seramic urns. Can I change the chairs, maybe something wood? Not too crazy about fabric, as we have lots of little ones who eat with us often. Thoughts?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
It's a very pretty set. I think the chairs would be easy to recover in a fabric of your choice. If you can turn one over, there should be about four screws that are holding the seat to the frame. Unscrew these and the seat should come off and it's easy to reupholster with a staple gun, I've done it about a million times.

Also, you could think about have the underside of the glass spray painted in a color that might work better with your decor. Back painted glass is very pretty.
February 20, 2013 at 4:36AM   
kargus
you can use an etching chemical to create a stencil pattern over entire glass top, maybe something country to relate to your style. it ends up looking like frosted glass where it is applied.
February 20, 2013 at 4:38AM   
PRO
G Design LLC
To get the rustic/country look the table and chairs must go.

However, without seeing more pictures it is difficult to give complete advice. Your paint color and moulding look very traditional - not country/rustic. You may need to get some guidance from someone who will help you get the look you want.
February 20, 2013 at 4:47AM   
More Discussions
Curtains and roman shades
Hello. First off, we like and want window coverings,...
Design help please! 8x8 bathroom
Hi there. We are a family of 6 with one bathroom....
Front path Lighting
Due to a soccer ball incident, this lamppost is broken....
Curtains for my dining room?
Help I have no idea what to do for curtains in my dining...
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.