Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
exterior siding color and curb appeal
lisaannrob
February 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
we are getting ready to side our house but can't decide on a color. the garage door is kind of a taupe (sandstone) color and so are the windows.
the bottom part of the front of the house is white indiana limestone. gutters and soffitts are white. we are thinking about painting the gutter and soffits to match the garage door and windows. also thinking about painting the stone. i think we have too many colors right now. would like any suggestions. thank you
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
The Color People
The reason it seems like too many color now is that they do not blend together well. More well chosen colors will actually make the house more interesting but if they don't tie the house together they will help.
If you are dedicated to replacing the siding (I assume the condition is poor) reside with a light color that goes with the stone color. Do not paint the stone, it will not look good. The garage doors should always relate to the siding color rather than the trim. It could match the stone color or the siding color or be a step or two darker than the siding. Your fascia color is too bright white and seems to jump off of the house so if you use more of an off white it will blend in better. You could also easily use the window color for this as well.
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 8:46AM
lisaannrob
thank you so much for the recommendations. we are also thinking about taking off the stone and doing the front and 1 side in cultured stone. i know its a lot of money but the house is so boring - we were thinking about centurion's rubble but still having trouble with the color. should i pick a stone that has mostly taupe/grey/brown like the garage door? i'd replace the garage door but the new windows are the same color.
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 7:20AM
PRO
Dytecture
I agree, the siding color could be closely related to the stone.
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 8:10AM