Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for drawing room
newbieggp9
February 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Any thing I can do more to get an elegant look. Do the sofas match with the curtains. Please help.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rouxb
Reducing the amount and size of furniture in the room would be a good start. I would remove the seating under the window and replace with 2 chairs of a much smaller scale. The same goes for the entertainment wall. A simple console if it is in the budget or reconfigure what you have if that is possible. Lastly, the dining table should go if it isn't used for dining. Pull colors from the curtains for throw pillows.
1 Like   February 21, 2013 at 12:40AM
cani
From your idea book it seems you like modern and I was looking at your curtains and wondered if they might not look better just hanging straight down on each side. I think it would really open up your window area and make it seem larger and more modern.
1 Like   February 21, 2013 at 1:13AM
cani
was just taking another look and wondered if it might not look more roomy if you switched the couches and had the love seat in the window area. I noticed the painting above the cabinet goes well with the colors in your curtains. I agree with rouxb that you could put some of that color on the couches with pillows. It would make it more cohesive.
1 Like   February 21, 2013 at 1:20AM
charleee
The furniture in front of the window - is that two pieces? A chair and a loveseat? If so, move the chair to where the dining table is, at an angle. The furniture seems to heavy for the curtains, I would look for heavier curtains, perhaps grommet top.
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 1:53AM
newbieggp9
Thanks all.. Il try changing the covers... And reducing the furnishings... Yes. The one near the window is 2seat.. Will work on your suggestions. Thanks a lot. :)
1 Like   March 2, 2013 at 6:42AM
PRO
Creations Nadia Interior Design
my 2 cents- these curtains have to go :)) try to put just two fixed pannels on each end:)))
1 Like   March 2, 2013 at 10:44AM
Genevieve
Is there a reason why everything is lined up against the wall? The curtains for this sort of decor shouldn't be tied back just take the tie backs off and see how you like them then ,Its rather difficult to see the pattern on it could you please take a closer shot to them :)
0 Likes   March 2, 2013 at 10:49AM