We are working On the driveway and the front Walkaway
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
February 21, 2013 at 8:29AM   
PRO
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
Beautiful home andrecito. A ranch-style house like yours always looks good with a contemporary landscape with a mixture of ornamental grasses, low-growing evergreen shrubs, hardy perennials and annuals such as I've doodled in the sketch below. Removing all the lawn or as much as you can will cut down on maintenance and chemical treatments. Trimming the huge tree on the right of your home would also help . Plant a nice shade garden beneath it and cover with decorative shredded pine park . An evergreen groundcover in the areas near the curb would look great.
February 21, 2013 at 10:26AM        Thanked by andrecito
PRO
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
February 21, 2013 at 10:29AM        Thanked by andrecito
PRO
Urban Oasis
Make sure that you keep the front path nice and generous - at least 3' wide. The wider, the more welcoming.

But before you start work make a few decisions. The first one is what style do you want your landscape to be. Contemporary, traditional, modern? Then decide what uses you need to fulfill. Do you need a lawn for children or pets? If not consider removing or reducing it. You also need to decide on a budget. As you've probably seen, hardscape costs can add up. Once you've figured out these things come up with a plan before you start any work. If this sounds daunting, you may benefit from consulting a professional. Just saying...
February 21, 2013 at 10:45AM        Thanked by andrecito
PRO
Synthetic Turf International of Canada
If your looking to do a low maintenance front yard that still has impact and amazing curb appeal, synthetic grass is a great option. It looks real, feels even better than natural lawns, and is completely maintenance free. Requires no watering, looks great year round, and is totally pet and child friendly. There are some beautiful install options in regards to drive-ways as well since the turf is pretty well indestructible (meaning you can drive on it). It blends the luxury of hardscaping with the natural beauty of a green yard. You can completely turf, leave flower beds, or combine different hardscape design concepts to create a variety of different looks while still maintaining that lush, natural appearance.
February 26, 2013 at 10:45AM        Thanked by andrecito
decoenthusiaste
If you like low maint. low water, try xeriscape. Doesn't have to be cacti, as these pics show.
Maher
Great Design plant - September 2012
Lose the Lawn
February 26, 2013 at 10:54AM      Thanked by andrecito
andrecito
The new driveway and walkaway
April 12, 2013 at 6:17AM     
andrecito
Updates
May 3, 2013 at 10:00PM