We are a newly wed couple moving into a new house. We are now trying to furnish our living room.
What we have:
1) Curtains. We both agree that the curtains look too dark in the current setting. As expensive as they are ($350 with stiching), we are willing to replace them if they don't go with the rest of the room.
2) Iranian carpet. My mother gifted this beautiful Iranian rug.
3) Marble flooring. Carpet?
What we have borrowed (we can permanently 'borrow' if need be):
1) Sofa. It is uncomfortable and the upholstery was the cheapest my mom could find for my dorm room. We WILL change it.
2) TV cabinet. I like it. It goes with the marble flooring. My wife doesn't. She doesn't like the color of the polish. I have a matching larger cabinet that we could use. The polish can be changed.
What we need:
1) A table. The one in the picture couldn't bear my TV while it was there. It's an extra. We'll move it out soon.
2) Frames, furniture, aesthetic objects.
We had decided that we would use a turquoise color theme and we have already bought a few frames and pieces to go along.