Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Pendants to go with this chandelier?
Amy C
February 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are in the process of shopping for lighting for our new home. We have purchased the attached chandelier for our table (that goes in the empty space in front of the window). We went long because the table is long. I'm unsure of what to do over the island that runs parallel to the table.

I'm thinking two to three pendants. Two that I'm considering are:
http://progresslighting.com/products.aspx?product=P5197-108

or
http://progresslighting.com/products.aspx?product=P5142-20

But I'm not sure....

I would say that our style is transitional with a rustic/old world edge (if that makes any sense...ha!)

Help!!!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
0825sam
I really like both of those! Do you have anywhere in your house you can put a large sphere? Entry? If so that could be cool and then do the industrial pendants over the island.
February 21, 2013 at 5:32PM   
PRO
Terri Symington, ASID
Of the two...I prefer the P5197-108. I like the other as well... but I think it is too busy with the chandelier and will compete with it. Nice choices...!
February 21, 2013 at 5:32PM     
Amy C
Samo705 - Actually we are installing this one in our entry. http://www.lightingdirect.com/crystorama-lighting-group-9228-contemporary-modern-6-light-up-lighting-large-chandelier-from-the-solaris-collection/p1352181

I would also like to replace the fixture in the adjoining room...
February 21, 2013 at 5:37PM   
0825sam
Love! So the since you already have a sphere going on I'd chose the first pendant for the island. I have a similar in chrome over our breakfast bar and love that style.
February 21, 2013 at 5:39PM   
Amy C
Thank you! I'm really nervous about the fixture for over the table because it's so big! They are installing it tomorrow morning. (Ahhhhhh!!!) I decided to hold off on pendants until I know I like it for sure, but this makes me feel better that I have some semblance of a plan...
February 21, 2013 at 5:47PM   
Amy C
Okay folks...I'm back to the drawing board with the pendants for my kitchen...obviously the pendant over the island has to go. I've attached photos of the actual "lived in" space. They read much darker than what it actually looks like in person. Also, ignore the existing decor. The artwork is going and curtain panels are going up to warm up the space. I'm mainly focused on the pendants over the island right now. My new idea is to skip them all together and install 3 can lights for task lighting.

What do you think? Two pendants or 3 can lights?
March 4, 2013 at 6:43AM   
Amy C
Another option...I would do 3 of these...
March 4, 2013 at 7:49AM   
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Good Job. Looks nice.
March 4, 2013 at 8:01AM   
More Discussions
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Lounge and dining area
I would like to decorate this area as a lounge and...
Space above closet.
I'm buying a house and 3 of the bedrooms, a bathroom,...
Want "in-crown molding lighting" for a very dark living room
Have no idea where to shop, or what kind of contractor...
Big empty space over stairwell
I have no idea where to start with this big empty space....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.