Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Fireplace with TV above
myfireplace
February 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have just installed a linear fireplace and I'm about to start framing for the TV. I framed out the wall 10 inches so that I could recess the TV to protect it from heat from the fireplace. The opening of the fireplace "top of the glass" is 26 inches above the floor and the width of the fireplace is 62 inches.
My dilemma is... how many inches do I place the TV above the fireplace to provide a balance look? The opening for the TV will be approximately 48" x 32".
Thank you
Aidan
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
myfireplace
Ceiling height is 9 ft
February 21, 2013 at 8:53pm   
PRO
Dezign Studio Inc
Not more than 6 - 8" In fact 6" or less would be better, or any higher will be a strain to watch T V .
February 21, 2013 at 9:35pm   
PRO
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
Bottom of my television is approximately 5' off the floor. We watch it from about 12 feet away. Nobody in my family complains about neck strain
February 21, 2013 at 9:47pm   
myfireplace
When you say 6 ft , would that be the top of the TV at 6 ft
February 21, 2013 at 9:50pm   
PRO
Dezign Studio Inc
Normally , the top of the T V should not go over 7' 0", but if you are comfortable , then you can have the T.v at maximum 4' above the floor, although even that is higher than what I would normally recommend . Rest is up to you. I would look forward to the suggestions of other professionals . good luck.
February 21, 2013 at 9:57pm   
myfireplace
Thank you for your imput Aidan
February 21, 2013 at 9:57pm   
PRO
Dezign Studio Inc
I meant 6"- 8" above the 26" fireplace height. i would prefer the top of the T.v not to go over 5'6" - 6' 0", but if you want to place it higher, than the top of T.v should not be over 7' 0"
February 21, 2013 at 10:05pm   
myfireplace
Dezign Studio
Your suggestion will work nicely in my situation where the height will not exceed 6' 6'' and I can keep the bottom below 4' 0".

Thanks Aidan
February 21, 2013 at 10:09pm     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.