powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I want to update these existing wall sconces ( previous owner placed them all over the house ) with fabric sha
hevs
February 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Here are some pics and this is all in one room - each room has at least 1 set if not 2!! The house was a flip and the builders just put these everywhere until I can replace with nicer fixtures I want to at least replace these glass shades. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
ASVInteriors
I think there are systems in N America (there are in Europe) where you can buy a chandelier bulb and then clip the shade onto the bulb. Then you just have to find your shades?

My only concern is that their wattage cannot be too hot as to burn through the lampshade - LEDs are cooler but please check with your local supplier as I am not sure what the regulations are in the North America.
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 4:45AM
charleee
Flippers must be able to buy these by the truckload because I have them in my flipped house too! We replaced the globes with clear ones, and are using the 'new' Edison light bulbs. The light bulbs alone give them great character! Oh, and our sconces are turned the other way!
1 Like   February 22, 2013 at 4:45AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
Great idea Bobbi!
1 Like   February 22, 2013 at 4:49AM
hevs
Hi all thanks for your input. I just need the fabric shades or shields for wall sconces since they hit so close to the wall regular shades don't fit :(
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 4:56AM
hevs
Sorry Bobbi I didn't see your comment so you have naked
bulbs? I like the idea of turning them will try it!
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 4:58AM
charleee
Yes, naked bulbs and naked shades! It looks pretty cool, actually. We were going to just buy new sconces but then we got this idea and saved a bit of $$$$ doing it this way. I think the globes or shades, whatever they're called were $5 and the bulbs are $10, so that's a lot cheaper than a new sconce!
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 5:01AM
More Discussions
Ugly fireplace
Help! Limited budget for this ugly fireplace! Paint?...
Suggestions on completing my sitting room/office
Fabric on order for roman shades (swatch pictured -...
Living Room/Dining Room Furniture and Design Ideas
I am looking for some ideas on a combination living...
Does anyone recognize this coverlet
I have been looking for this coverlet with no success....
Our new sunroom.
Walls are a light gray with blue tint. Chairs are...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.