Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
deciding what to do with this front hall
bevpester
February 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want some kind of bench in this area, but don't know where to put it (ie along the rail or by the door). What else does the space need to warm it up.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Design & Decor By Shelley
What a beautiful entry indeed! I think your only option for a bench is along the rail. Your wall space certainly isn't long enough to allow for the size of a bench. Is your front entry closet directly across from the railing? If so, a bench would function quite nicely close to the closet..
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 9:55AM
decoenthusiaste
How about one with some excitement to it?
3 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 9:59AM
PRO
Dytecture
I agree put the bench by the railings. Perhaps something with a thin or low back to maintain the transparency.

0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 10:56AM
PRO
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
I also agree that a bench would work--but it should be upholstered with som color of pattern to further enliven the entry. A fabric with some shine would be welcome. Also i would consider removing the railing and installing a solid knee wall the dame heignt as the existing railing. This wall cou;ld be painted a color to play off the bench, and the top of the knee wall could be finished with wood trim and stained to match the flooring.
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 11:05AM
PRO
Design & Decor By Shelley
I thought this style of bench would suit the spot along your railing. has storage tucked away under the seat.
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 5:28PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Your entry looks big enough to place a round entry table in it. If that is the case, then I would place the table centered on the arched openings. The table need not be as large as the one shown below, but should be at least 36" in diameter. The size of the table will depend on the size of the hallway. A bench could indeed be added along the railing.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 5:44PM
More Discussions
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Exterior Color advice
My wife and I are building our first house and are...
Window help!
Hello: I am having a picture window installed. It...
Doorway updates
We just bought a great house but it has 8 foot ceilings....
How to install decorative ceiling beams?
I have made decorative box beams to mount on the cathedral...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.