Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Did I get it right?
nmtcfe
February 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Good choice on the granite and backsplash? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
luvrubies
Sorry, but I think the look is too "busy"! I would've either stayed with a plain countertop & colored it up with the backsplash...or gone with the granite you picked & made the backsplash a single plain color. Sorry, just my opinion.
February 22, 2013 at 1:04pm   
PRO
Liza Jane Interiors
I agree. I would have done a plain countertop with the tile that you chose. Also, I would change the color of the wall...too similar to cabinet color.
February 22, 2013 at 1:14pm   
PRO
Dytecture
I also think there is too much patterns and colors going on, the reddish ambient light isn't helping either !
February 22, 2013 at 1:18pm   
decoenthusiaste
I don't know why these tiny glass brick back splashes have made such a hit. They really only look good with extremely contemporary kitchens. What are you going to do with the floor?
February 22, 2013 at 1:20pm   
Rosemarie
I suspect the undercounter lighting is causing these comments. Your room is just right for you. Just put softer light undercounter.
February 22, 2013 at 1:30pm     
nmtcfe
A few more facts- the floor is natural slate with soft shades of greens blues oranges. The backsplash is hard to see in the photo but its a combo of slate and glass. The granite is black and brown to match the wood and hardware. I think the camera created the red tint. Anyway I'm proud of it and it look much improved in person! Thanks for the feedback!
February 22, 2013 at 1:39pm   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.