Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need ideas for kitchen
meanders8
February 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have some typical golden oak cabinets that I want to update, maybe with some glass panel doors, painting white? Any ideas
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kami Bible
I have similar cabinets and am planning a remodel. I like white cabinets as well. I'm also planning to highlight a section of cabinets by painting it a different color, removing cabinet doors to make shelves and adding some decorative touches.
February 22, 2013 at 10:08PM   
tgb87
You can incorporate a glass shutter in a few of them with an in built spotlight.

It will give a good look
Also Look for some better knobs and handles if you can
February 22, 2013 at 10:20PM   
tgb87
You can also add a tile or glass backsplash to add more colour if it is within ur budget instead of the regular cream wall
February 22, 2013 at 10:21PM   
Carolyn Hennes
I think your cabinets are great-not too much grain, full overlay, good condition. If you go for some glass inserts, go with reeded or seeded or with wire embedded so you can't necessarily see everything in the cupboard. New dark knobs and maybe a backs plash, too. Forget about paint-unless you have it done professionally, and then I would do a putty or gray instead of white.
February 22, 2013 at 10:22PM   
PRO
Dezign Studio Inc
You can have the glass in the wall corner or the double door cabinets on either side of the wall corner, leaving the wall corner same.
February 22, 2013 at 10:38PM   
PRO
ASVInteriors
If you like shabby chic - this is quite a nice option.... It would go with your counter tops and fridge but I think it would be a pity to go this direction with such good quality cabinets
February 23, 2013 at 3:54AM   
PRO
A Kitchen That Works LLC
Arches on a cabinet can covey a 'dated' look. If your base cabinets do not have arches, you might consider refacing the upper cabinets in white paint but take Carolyn Hennes' advice, don't paint yourself.
February 23, 2013 at 5:20AM   
gemmax
I have the same cabinets as does everyone in my neighborhood. Mine are great quality too. Deep aqua and copper go very well with them as accents and I just saved a page with a great backslpash in these two colors in my Gem's Nest ideabook. painting cabinets is best left to the professionals and still I have seen some that didn't look so great afterwards. White is beautiful, but wood is coming back in as it always will.
February 23, 2013 at 5:42AM   
gemmax
I have the same cabinets as does everyone in my neighborhood. Mine are great quality too. Deep aqua and copper go very well with them as accents and I just saved a page with a great backslpash in these two colors in my Gem's Nest Ideabook. Painting cabinets is best left to the professionals and still I have seen some that didn't look so great afterwards. White is beautiful, but wood is coming back in as it always will.
February 23, 2013 at 5:43AM   
meanders8
Thank you everyone for the ideas. I was looking at new hardware yesterday. I find it is hard to find someone who will just do partial cabinet remodels. Anybody out there in the metropolitan Phoenix area that you know of? (Chandler)
February 24, 2013 at 1:16PM   
More Discussions
Personal Gas Monitors - ProDetec
Personal gas monitors are perfect for anyone working...
What ONE thing do you hope your guests won't notice?
I envy the people who's homes are perfect and guest-ready...
HELP PLEASE BEDROOM FINISH
Hi! Please help me in designing our bedroom. My sister...
Best window type for tropical countries
I am having a two-story house built in a sub-urban...
Help! Family room is a hot mess.
I am looking for some ideas to update this family room....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.