powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
kitchen flooring--does the perfect one exist?
tawny58
February 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm semi-custom building a house. I am committed to espresso cabinets because I love their elegance. This the kitchen I am inspired by, but am wanting to avoid tile grout (this is NOT my kitchen, yet!) I have young children so I would like something that is easy to clean up. The kitchen is an open concept and the surrounding flooring will be an espresso hardwood. Carrying these hardwoods into the kitchen would be too dark. But what are my options for kitchen flooring? The builder doesn't do polished concrete, unfortunately. I appreciate your creativity!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Mary Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
Check out Peacock Pavers
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 10:16PM
nukiegirl
Love it! I have quartz tiles I believe that are 18 x 18 Very little grout lines showing. Mine are black that looks like someone threw a millions diamonds on them! GL Your espresso cabinets and hardwood floors if you have west or southern exposure they will show all the dust. I have Brazilian cherry and within an hr or 2 after my cleaning lady leaves you can see the dust!, just like my black laquer Kawai piano. My son has lite wood floors and they dont show the dust! So go for it and dont worry, get what you like since you will certainly have upkeep with or without children with your choices you have already made. It takes work to be elegant!
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 10:32PM
PRO
Dezign Studio Inc
large porcelain tiles would be the best options, otherwise you could go for laminate tiles in a light wood look.
1 Like   February 22, 2013 at 11:12PM
PRO
Serra Design Inc
Look for a product from PVC Marble Floor Vinyl Marble Floor PVC Floor Tile. I used these light commercial in a granite pattern and have loved them for 25 years...NO GROUT LINES
http://sell.lulusoso.com/upload/20111205/PVC_Marble_Floor_Vinyl_Marble_Floor_PVC.jpg
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 12:00AM
migcote
I have been studying ease of maintenance and hardwoods will be out. I like what Dezign and Serra have mentioned. I have porcelain tile with four pups and not one problem with grout. Get the right color and remember it comes in a sealed formula now.
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 6:24PM
More Discussions
Foyer chest decor
Please help me think of items/colors to use on this...
staining kitchen cabinets
My kitchen cabinets are a maple wood in a blonde finish...
What is your overall opinion of this kitchen?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/19411686/Wood-Mode-Brookhaven-Products-traditional-kitchen-houston...
Fireplace decor
Looking for design ideas for above and on the fireplace....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.