Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen ideas please.
Terri Haller
February 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I moved into this condo 3 months ago. I want to update my kitchen in original space, keep doors but paint them and add new hardware. Lights have to go in work area and need sink countertops. I will replace appliances. I lean toward traditional but like clean lines in kitchen. Any input you have is welcome.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Anything specific you need help with? With your list, you sound like you have it totally under control!
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 4:49PM
twylahaj
Cost saving idea - if dishwasher is in good working order, they make panels of some sort that slide into the front of some kinds to change the look without changing the dishwasher. As for the rest, you've got a great plan already. You might consider painting the door trim, as well, when you paint cabinets.
Chairs with cleaner lines for the backs would look fresher, but the ones you have appear to be good quality, so I don't know if you are wanting to change them or not.
Would love to see a photo of that kitchen chandelier without it being on so I could really see it. What I can see of it looks really interesting and fun...
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 4:57PM
Terri Haller
Yes, I know what needs to be done but Guess I'm just not sure where to begin. Lets start with the question "Do you think repainting cabinets in a cream would look nice"?
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 4:58PM
Terri Haller
I just had this hung, it is very similar to a popular home store fixture. Got this idea from Houzz! The skylight above gives me light to have a place for my plants. Should I make a garden table in eating nook? I haven't found this yet, I love plants and real flowers blooming.
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 5:06PM
Terri Haller
Bumping up in hopes I get responses.
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 5:49PM
lastplace
I love the chandelier, but it seems way to high. I usually hang them 28 to 30 inches from table to bottom of light. I think your cabinets would look great painted cream as long as it is the new cream (more linen).
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 5:49PM
twylahaj
Gorgeous light! Thanks for the photos. I'd love to have one like that in my bedroom, but I have no overhead fixture and no junction box there.

I'm not the right person to ask anything plant related. I have a cyanide thumb of death when it comes to plants. The best thing I can do for them is not touch them! That said, a friend of mine has a great old fashioned dry sink (which looks like a large washstand, but has a basin like area in the top lined with metal) filled with potted plants in her dining room. A similar idea in your nook would be lovely if you have the green thumb you appear to. Plus an indoor garden would allow you to grow fresh herbs all year round - YUM!
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 5:51PM
jjandhk
a couple ideas for you?
[houzz=Dining]
[houzz=New kitchen]
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 6:28PM