Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Cabinet with sliding door outside the bedroom
detbrym
February 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We have a limited space for cabinets inside the bedroom and we plan on building the kids cabinets and shoe cabinets near the dining area which is also part of the living room.
We would like to seek suggestions if a sliding door with mirror would look good.
I am attaching a photo of the existing cabinets. Note that we will extend this forward to accommodate the shoe cabinet at the far right.
Appreciate to receive all possible comments and suggestions. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rinqreation
Doors, they can both be opened at the same time. And take less space. And can be used on the inside too (hooks and racks).
February 24, 2013 at 7:42AM     
detbrym
If you have suggestions on how i can possibly make the divisions inside the caninets, would really appreciate it. Thank you. :-)
February 25, 2013 at 3:29AM     
charleee
You have a wallcovering on the walls surrounding this closet? I would use the same wallcovering on the closet doors to make them blend with the walls. As far as closet divisions, big box lumber stores sell ready-made packs of closet systems, you could look into these.
February 25, 2013 at 3:53AM     
detbrym
The place is under renovation and we are changing the wall paper to a white paint. I'll be checking the ready made closet system as well. Thank you!
February 25, 2013 at 4:03AM     
PRO
Rustica Hardware
A sliding/rolling barn door would work well in this space see the photos below. http://rusticahardware.com/barn-door-hardware/
February 25, 2013 at 10:02AM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.