Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
DR Fixture
starterhouse
February 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have very formal elegant DR furniture and am trying to find a chandelier - have not been successful finding the right thing within my budget ($600 max)

Ceiling height is 8.5', table width 50". ( room is roughly 18x12)

Do you think this fixture could work ( 26.75 " high and 24.5" wide) or is it going to be too small. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
starterhouse
Anyone?
0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 8:14PM
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Not my area of expertise. Be patient. The designers do this on their free time...for free. They are all probably in bed, watching a movie with their families or finishing dinner, maybe at work, doing their real jobs....depends on what time zone they are in!
0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 8:31PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
You want a minimum of 12" from each side of the table to the fixture. The base of the fixture should be 5' off the floor. If your table is very long than try using 2 fixtures.
1 Like   February 25, 2013 at 8:36PM
armygirl1987
That is a very nice dining room. Have you tried looking on the site to see if there is anything that you like. You could probably type in light fixtures for dining rooms and see what comes up.
0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 8:37PM
Brenda Fisher

What about something a little less formal? There are many unique designs from artists independent of the big lighting chains. I find these designs don't become dated as quickly, especially if you wait to find one you love instead of one that just is the right size. Good luck and happy shopping!
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
Before and after...more advice?
Hi, I just recently moved into a new apt and had no...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
color/design help!
My bf and I have bought our 1st house, and have lived...
Deciding on this art? And corner space?
Help! Do I need something in this corner? Also are...
My long narrow entry hall
My entry is 15'x4'. And one long side is completely...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.