Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My lonely kitchen wall.
vixynkitty
February 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm reposting my wall because I only had 5 comments on my original post. Some said to put artwork which I'm considering. One person said a mirror but I'm not sure it would look right in the kitchen. Another person said a bakers rack for storage but I have a lot of storage, and feel that it would stick out when people are walking by. I considered a pub set but we already have a kitchen set and an island with pub chairs. I love the chalkboards and bulletin boards but I think that may look odd also. Just looking for additional ideas! Thank you in advance!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
grandmalucy12
I would put a long rod iron table with glass on top. Get a buffet lamp since you have a plug. Hang a picture or mirror not too high. Then you can put family pictures on table .
February 25, 2013 at 7:25pm     
Merilyn Gear
try a wall decal some of them look amazing. you can get black and white or coloured ones and they just stick on and pull of sort of like a clear vinyl finish so it is easy to remove if you are unhappy with it look up wall decals on google
February 25, 2013 at 7:30pm     
oneofeleven
Here are a few suggestions - a coffee bar http://pinterest.com/pin/234750199298904199/
or maybe a desk where you could pay bills or use your computer
how about a bookcase where you can keep your cook books and/or collectibles and if you don't collect anything , well now you have an excuse to start!
February 25, 2013 at 7:40pm   
lastplace
I like grandmalucy12's idea some others might be a large iron wall art to match your ceiling light, a very large wall canvas of something that makes you smile (you can buy these pretty cheap), create a wall of pictures all with similar or same frames with bright and colorful food or kitchen items, a wall of family photos, a beautiful tall thin plant and some crocks, decor alongside it, a large but thin bookcase that could hold cookbooks, kitchen decor, candles, kids books to read at the table, colorful plates etc etc etc
The one thing I don't think you should do with whatever you chose is to go to small, it will get lost and not make any statement at all.
February 25, 2013 at 7:43pm   
PRO
Studio Dearborn
Your room seems to have a country vibe. I would suggest a large vintage sign of some kind, with a vintage bench beneath with cushion seat in a fun fabric to bring some color, pattern and style into the room. You could also consider a console type cabinet, as i did here in my own eating area, with a vintage fabric above. the wall is large, so a huge vintage quilt would also work really well, hung as art. Have Fun!
February 25, 2013 at 7:43pm     
wedgito
sliding barn door that covers passage into entryway. almost never closed, but hangs out over the lonely wall
like this Fall 2012 Parade Home
or Kitchen
Dwellings
February 25, 2013 at 7:46pm     
PRO
What's Inside Design Ltd.
Since you have plenty of storage and are leaning towards the idea of art....I think a stone wall with a fireplace would be stunning!!! This is a popular look in a lot of restaurants. Of course, I'm not sure if that's practical where you live, but it's a beautiful look!!! I'll see if I can find you a picture.
Caroline :)
February 25, 2013 at 7:52pm   
PRO
I found a couple examples of fireplaces in kitchens with stone walls:

February 25, 2013 at 7:59pm     
desparza2010
http://www.hautelook.com/short/3KuAw
Something this this painted barn door would be cool. It would add a nice punch of color and definitely a cool factor!
February 25, 2013 at 8:01pm     
PRO
February 25, 2013 at 8:01pm   
PRO
You may even have room for a small sitting area around the fireplace like in the above picture.
Whatever you decided to do, have fun with it and enjoy the process!
Caroline :)
February 25, 2013 at 8:07pm   
Laura Christoffersen
I think I would warm up the space by adding a couple of comfy chairs to sit in and drink coffee with a book shelf or something to put stuff on...
February 25, 2013 at 8:28pm   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.