Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Ideas for accessories for a tropical style bedroom
Vicki Marie
February 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have just bought 100% linen sheets and cover that i love sleeping in for the bed. I need help with ideas for cushions and throws for the bed. Also I think the room needs a chair or something as it all looks a little bland. I have used the app before and love the ideas I was given.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rawketgrl
great idea wall stickers.... http://www.dezignwithaz.com/ cheap but cool... I adore this web site... many designs, choose color and direction and size ....have fun...
February 26, 2013 at 2:35AM   
carolins
Hmm... I like what you've done so far. A nice, calm atmosphere. Not sure if you want to go all flowery, although it would work, but it's not for everyone.
I'm looking at your nightstands. What if you had some nice wooden ones. Would add instant warmth and a bit more interest I think, without going over the top. For instance:

Stria Nightstand

Linen Cotton Nautical Hand-Painted Pillow Cover by Madelleine Grace
Bijoux-Dots Pillow Cover

Fake fur throw would add instant luxury, if you like that:
Luxe Faux Fur Throw, Lynx

Or something with a subtle, neutral pattern.
Avalon Throw
February 26, 2013 at 3:50AM   
PRO
A Crew of Two
I like soft muted colors, when you sat tropical do you mean beachy or true tropical colors? I like the idea of using muted tones like the starfish pillows with pops of color....like coral. Layering the textures that remind you of warm, tropical places without going too 'themey.'
February 26, 2013 at 4:31AM   
michigammemom
Take a look at this ideabook about British Colonial style. Think about adding plantation shutters or woven shades on your windows, cane or rattan accent furnishings, botanical prints, or a potted palm.
February 26, 2013 at 4:34AM     
0825sam
I would add a chest or some stools to the foot of your bed. I think something like this would work although the room in general is a different look

I was also going to add the room with the chest at the foot of the bed but its in the ideas book posted about. I think that gives some good Ideas and you can also search photos for West Indies
February 26, 2013 at 4:41AM   
carolins
If you type 'mosquito net' in the search box when browsing bedrooms on Houzz....
February 26, 2013 at 4:57AM