powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What to do with old heater/fireplace cubby?
Lani Carroll-Newton
February 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I would love ideas on this area, we are redoing our house to increase sale value. This typical 80's stack stone irritates me but for some unknown reason my husband likes it but I am looking at house value to make our 80's home sell higher.
I have decided heater comes out (has never worked since day we moved in) and put one of those electric wood fireplaces in the crevice so that is sorted. I had the trim of the mantel being same colour as rest of the house and think the blue paint needs to be broken up.
This room will either be a library or office.
Any advice is appreciated
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yvesun
Stack Stone is all the rage right now...I would pull out the heater and replace it with an energy efficient fire-place insert. If you are painting out the room I would pull the rusty red out of the stone, as it will blend better and not stick out as much. Benjamin Moore's Pottery Red 2085-20 with a creamy trim such as Subtle AF-310 would look pretty.
February 25, 2013 at 11:36PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lani Carroll-Newton
Thanks,
Hadn't heard it is rage again lol.
Benjamin moore's is that a paint brand, I am in australia. Haven't heard of it before.
February 26, 2013 at 1:46AM   
More Discussions
Suggestions for living room
Now that we finally have the main pieces purchased...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
URGENT. HELP!!
GUYS, HAVE TO LOCK ORDER FOR KITCHEN CABINET DOORS....
open kitchen/living room layout
I am planning to replace the current u-shaped kitchen...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.